Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! having problems with followthrough

HI,
    I have been reading all these articles and watching the video clips . It has helped a lot . But the problem is that I am still unable to followthrough on my forehand. I was a very wristy player and used to spin with a flick of the wrist. Although my stroke has improved a bit. but i am still unable to follow through. I am trying to do a pulling motion to contact the racket with the ball but as soon as i contact the ball my wrist automatically flicks( a sort of windshield thing with the wrist) .

So, please tell me what should i concentrate on to get over this wrist flicking habit and improve my followthrough.

bye,
    faraz

Originally posted by visit_faraz
    HI,
    I have been reading all these articles and watching the video clips . It has helped a lot . But the problem is that I am still unable to followthrough on my forehand. I was a very wristy player and used to spin with a flick of the wrist. Although my stroke has improved a bit. but i am still unable to follow through. I am trying to do a pulling motion to contact the racket with the ball but as soon as i contact the ball my wrist automatically flicks( a sort of windshield thing with the wrist) .

So, please tell me what should i concentrate on to get over this wrist flicking habit and improve my followthrough.

bye,
    faraz
    Pulling the racquet forward does not happen through the entire swing! In fact, the pulling motion is more like a very quick tug and that is it! If you TRY to pull, the muscles in the arm will tighten up and it will slow down your swing and reduce your followthrough.

Just bring the racquet forward. In fact, the swing is more of a very slight pull and push through the ball. No emphasis should be made on either as you should let momentum and a relaxed arm go through the ball.

Comment

Thanks Bill,
      This helped. Now, I just concentrate on starting the motion with my upper arm. Although it is taking a little time for me to get used to it. But, when I get it right, my forehand becomes really powerful and i can feel the ball compressing on the strings.

I had been using the surgery tube drill by Robert Lansdorp and it really helped me to keep my wrist passive.
      My forehand is on a different level now.

bye,
      faraz

P.S. Sorry for the late reply.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3141 users online. 6 members and 3135 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X