A New Teaching Method: Two Handed Backhand Grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Teaching Method: Two Handed Backhand Grips

Would love your thoughts on my latest article, "A New Teaching Method: Two Handed Backhand Grips"

Terrific explanation of the vast combination of possible grips for the two hander. Grips can be so important with regard to one's style of play and anyone struggling to hit their two hander effectively will be greatly enlightened by this article...

Comment

I am always amazed by the amount of women who hit backhands with the bottom hand in some form of a forehand grip. I think that's the worst possible solution.

But there's a wider argument here and an important one. Now it's hard to know what micro grip changes may be going on within a top player's repertoire, but if you take Novak's backhand as a fine example, his bottom hand grip looks the same grip as for his serve, his backhand slice, backhand volley, and overhead? Now that's awfully convenient and has great merit if this is the case. For club players that would definitely seem the way to go.

Am I correct or is Novak making subtle grip changes I am not aware of?
      Stotty

Comment

Good questions! The High Speed Archive probably has the answers. Am planning at some point to address...

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
          I am always amazed by the amount of women who hit backhands with the bottom hand in some form of a forehand grip. I think that's the worst possible solution.
          i used to hit this way... i think it was a throwback to my junior moonballing days (helps me reach high balls to moonball it back)... problem is that given enough time i can make the shot work, and look like a good drive.... but obviously as the pace increases the more often the grip is a liability... not to mention trying to attack slice balls is harder (but could be overcome with just slicing it back).

ultimately switched my bottom hand to a proper conti grip.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7837 users online. 3 members and 7834 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X