Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martina Navratilova versus Transgenders Competing against Women...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martina Navratilova versus Transgenders Competing against Women...

Just so we keep our gender "pronouns" defined. Is there a difference between transgender and transexual? What's her beef?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/forme...trans-athletes
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Cheap Shot

In answer to the first question, the two words seem close:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tran...e&ie=UTF-8

In answer to the second, Navratilova's complaint sounds similar to your own re Serena and Venus seeming too masculine for your taste.

Me, I would argue that David Goffin and Pew-Die-Pie should play on the women's tour.

Martina Navratilova, of course, remembers her friend Renee Richards. But I don't recall resentment there.

The whole subject provides titillation for nitwits. "A nervous titter ran through the crowd"-- pinch pinch pinch. Of more substantial interest is the letter just written by Dutch priests to the papacy drawing a sharp distinction between child molesters and well-behaved gay persons, between well-behaved straight persons and berserk priests who keep nuns and female parishioners as their private sex slaves (a lot of em, apparently).
    Last edited by bottle; 02-18-2019, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
      Just so we keep our gender "pronouns" defined. Is there a difference between transgender and transexual? What's her beef?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/forme...trans-athletes
      Martina Navratilova was called "transphobic". Interesting how these issues are triggering people nowadays. Modern times. It seems Martina has a point. A very good point as a matter of fact. Yet somehow it is blurred because she herself is gay lesbian which throws her into the mishmash of LBGTQ. Which is a derivative of feminism. Gender politics. Which in itself is the dreaded half-science that Fyodor Dostoyevsky warned of many years ago.

There was some scuttlebutt at the Australian Open again this year. The fact that one of the stadium courts is named after Margaret Court who is an ordained minister who takes the Word seriously. Activists like Billie Jean King and all the rest don't miss a chance to try and stir the pot. I'm almost certain that Martina was piling on. Interesting how here she is being singled out. Pressured into apologising for something that she said. Something that she obviously believes is the truth. Some might say to let men dress up as women on the WTA Tour.

Women are not equal. Not by any definition. The fact is that they are different. Which is a good thing. A very good thing.

don_budge

Comment

It's a touchy subject and one probably none of us are qualified to answer with any authority let alone objectivity. What I do know is that Caster Semenya is probably the most humiliated woman on earth. One can only imagine what it must be like living in her shoes.
        Stotty

Comment

Touchy subject my you know what. Does one have the courage to ask questions? Who is there to be afraid of? Well Martina found out alright. LBGTQ...what a bizarre reality. As if this group will ever agree on everything. Now Martina has been given the boot by an organization affiliated with this band of "different" people.

There is your tolerance for you. The true bigots are not what the mainstream media is painting. They are EATING their own. Let's hope this trend continues. Serves them justice for their own intolerance.

Caster Semenya. Ironic her name is a derivative of semen and she is one of the most unusual "woman" in sports. One of them...there are more and the numbers are increasing.
          don_budge

Comment

Of course the numbers are burgeoning just like the number of billions of Mexican rapists engaging in frotteurism with cactuses as they stream across our southern border in remote places.

Bring on those transgender tennis players, I say, and sort out the classification later, just so long as I get to bring Bobby Riggs back to life so he can beat Margaret Court again and again. Margaret Court, the original church lady before Dana Carvey invented his. But Margaret Court came after the church lady Flannery O'Conner invented, the one who was so awful she had to keep being brought back to life so she could be put away again and again and again.
            Last edited by bottle; 02-20-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Soup and Tennis Nazis...

Millennial-focused website Bustle is taking heat for publishing a listicle that examines all the reasons why “Seinfeld” would be a little too edgy in the modern climate of policing everything that isn’t deemed politically correct.

Yeah...there is a false bravado of tolerance and the narrative usually ends with the inevitable "Nazi" accusations. Even though...never mind. But even Jerry Seinfeld is not immune from the plague of distortion that passes for journalism. Are there any adults left? Really? What a dainty society we live in. But it's all the one way street. On the one hand anything goes for the one side and on the other...well it's becoming very obvious. They begin to inevitably eat their own.

But Seinfeld should be exempt. Now this stuff is truly funny. I just watched my daily dose of two episodes. You know...you need a good laugh every day. I recommend it. Don't take yourself too seriously. Don't take the media seriously at all. It's a "Weapon of Mass Deception" you know. A bonafide WMD. You can usually tell who is taking it seriously. Know who I mean?
              don_budge

Comment

Actually, I was going to ask you, don_budge, to lighten up. Me, I want to be more serious. And so I ask, just why are the "Nazi" accusations as inevitable as they are right now? I remember what happened the last time I brought the following subject up but refuse to be intimidated. Here it is in the form of a mathematical equation:

Separating Central and South American children from their parents = clear Nazi behavior.
                Last edited by bottle; 02-20-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

OK you guys knock it off. Can we stick to tennis pls? Plenty of other forums for the way this little exchange is headed. If you wanty to go after each other try private messages...
                  Last edited by johnyandell; 02-20-2019, 03:23 PM.

Comment

It's about tennis.

The transgender is coming to tennis sooner rather than later. It may already have been...we just didn't know it. Martina Navratilova has a point and she is being vilified in certain circles for even bringing it up. Her speech has gotten a bit out of line and she is being "czeched" for it.
                    don_budge

Comment

Great article. Thanks for posting it. But I didn't like the other article about the track stars in Connecticut, although I get that you see it as harbinger of multitudinous upcoming disputes over gender classification in the upper echelons of tennis. Good luck to you in straightening out each one of those disputes hopefully on an individual basis. But I don't see what any of this has to do with 1984 . It seems to me you invoke that novel far too often, use it in fact to explain anything in your moralistic view of life. But what do I know? I'm just a cantankerous English teacher who has always felt you understand neither 1984 nor ANIMAL FARM and certainly not George Orwell.

Comment

Martina Navratilova is a very famous TENNIS PLAYER and I'll say that her life has been one that just transcends explanation. Given her awesome tennis career, her interesting and outspoken way of looking at things...a look into her private life is warranted. Here is a fascinating article about Martina and her married partner who is reigning Ms. USSR (the last one) who carries some considerable baggage as does Martina as somewhat explained in the article. Martina was recently flagged for making some "controversial" comments about TRANSGENDER PERSONS who are biological males competing against biological females. She doesn't think it is FAIR. To say the least. She has since been banned by a LBGTQ advocating organization which makes this a fascinating topic of conversation. This is a NEW WORLD. Welcome to Orwell's concept of 1984. In 1984 this story would have brought down the roof but in today's atmosphere it is rather humdrum. At least in certain circles. But other circles do exist.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ova-month.html
                        don_budge

Comment

clearly Martina is a hopeless romantic

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                            Oh yeah? Let's see if you can pass her.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                              Succinctly put. I wonder if one finds love or if love finds you. In this case it looks as if this former Miss USSR is a real handful. The Russian angle if fascinating. There all kinds of modern day dilemmas entwined in this love story. Martina couldn't get married in Florida at the time as gay wedding were not legal.

Russian views on homosexuality are radically different than those of the West. I think most Americans would be surprised as to how much Russians have clung to traditional values through the ages. Their long rich history is testimony. In many ways they are viewed as backwards by the West. They themselves think of themselves as backwards in their heart and soul. But there is this long historical, passionate relationship with the Russian Orthodox Church that President Putin has actively sought to restore in Russian life.

They say to never fall in love with a tennis player...because to HIM love means nothing. I wonder about HER. Is it any different based on gender? Interesting question. Interesting comment.

don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2993 users online. 4 members and 2989 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X