Best 1 Handed Backhand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 1 Handed Backhand

Who do you think has the best on handed backhand not just overall but in slice, topspin, power, control, etc.

Impossible to say. None are bad. It also depends on grip style. If you are trying to model someone it also depends on your ability. For most players the less extreme grips are more applicable.

I think one of the mistakes commonly made is: which is "THE" best bh or forehand, or whatever.

The real question is what are the elements good strokes have in common, what are the variations and how does that apply to me.

Comment

Compensation for the Physical Limitations we all Have

I can't accept the tennis dogma that words are the enemy. Words are double-edged, always. They hurt us and they help us.

It's helpful, I say, to delay taking back the racket but to have the same cue in mind always as to when. One needs conviction, too, about the exact moment when the most vigorous part of the stroke begins. One can then count the total number of computer clicks between these two benchmarks and divide by four.

This leads to a well-proportioned stroke. I tried it with the Federer backhand. After a bit of math I ended up with a separate cue for each of my four counts.

1. shoulder
      2. elbows
      3. elbows
      4. Roche

If anyone is interested-- whether they accept the premise or not-- I will elaborate these basic cues. Count 5., incidentally, is the most vigorous part of the stroke.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7649 users online. 7 members and 7642 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X