David Bailey Webinar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Bailey Webinar

I signed up to receive email's from David Bailey. I just received an email announcing his first webinar on "Attacking Footwork" on this Saturday, March 16 at 5pm (EST). For those interested, you may want to sign up. He's only accepting a limited number of participants. baileytennisfootwork.com

SeanO
    Last edited by seano; 05-10-2019, 09:12 PM.

As a preview to his webinar, David asked for questions. The following is my question and his answer.

David -

Can you address the split step and the first steps taken to get to the ball. I know the different steps that can be taken depending on how far you have to travel (i.e. shuffle steps, crossover or sprint (Law of Opposite Forces - where you take a step in the opposite direction, to then take off). Just want your thoughts on the initial steps taken and any insight you may have, thanks.

SeanO

Hi Sean

If I make it simple I would say this……if the ball is in your comfort zone and you are not rushed or challenged you tend to do a normal split step where both feet hit the ground (double shoulder width apart) and then move first with the foot closest to the approaching ball….(this could be a pivot step, a step out, a rhythm step (shuffle twice with toes facing side fence or even a cha cha cha which is a 1, 2 3 steps ( all these out steps are a heel strike first)

If the ball is in your challenge zone the great players will do more of a flow or shift split where on the split step one foot will hit slightly before the other and give you momentum out to the ball and this is the opposite too the comfort zone as the leg furthest from the ball will either cross over in front or even go into a sprinting step to cover lots of ground quickly ….a lot of the time the foot closet to the ball will drop slightly under (often called a drop or gravity step) so the initial pulling under of this foot is onto the ball of the foot (which is more of a running motion) and also clears space for the initial crossing or running step

By dropping this step under it will enable the crossing step to be in a straight line out to the difficult or wide approaching ball…..but also because you are pushing of the ball of the foot (which you do when running) there is also a lot more of an explosive drive out to the ball!

In other words Comfort zone = heel strike out steps (I call this the pivot and rhythm zones) and mainly neutral and semi open hitting stances

Challenge zone = crossing or running out steps (I call this the crossing and running zones) and mainly closed and open and running stances

Hope that helps …..kinder hard to describe with words only ….but did my best

Thanks for the question

Dave B
    Last edited by seano; 03-14-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Just finished watching David Bailey's 30 minute webinar on Aggressive Footwork. It's based on his Bailey Method Slideshow that I found on Youtube awhile back. For those interested, I've attached a summary (in a Word document) of the slideshow that I had done previous, enjoy.

SeanO
      Attached Files

Comment

That's terrific, seano! I am a big fan of David Bailey and will read your document with interest. So good of you to upload it.
        Stotty

Comment

Don't forget there is a massive DB archive on Tennisplayer in the footwork section.

Comment

David Bailey is having a second webinar this Saturday, April 6th at 5:30pm EST. I'll keep you updated. My feeling is that it will follow his slideshow, as well.

Comment

Just finished watching David Bailey's second webinar. He covered the rally contact moves from his slideshow, so he covered: All the info is in the "Word document" I attached above.

1) 2 foot pivot - hit with open stance on a deep low ball
              2) 1 foot pivot - hit off back foot on a deep, higher ball
              3) Closed pivot - hit with semi-closed stance, off an angle ball with medium pace
              4) Lateral Hop - hit with a forward, open stance, off an angle ball with medium pace

Says he tries to have these webinars the first Saturday of each month

SeanO

Comment

For those interested: David Bailey is having his 3rd webinar today (Saturday, May 11th) at 7:30pm EST. The topic is defensive footwork and you can register at his website, baileytennisfootwork.com. I've watched the first two webinars and he follows his "The Bailey Method" Contact Moves & Footwork slideshow.

Comment

For those interested, David Bailey is hosting another webinar this Saturday, August 31st at 6:30pm EST on Serve & Return Footwork. Space is limited, you can sign up at baileytennisfootwork.com.

Comment

For those interested, David Bailey is hosting another webinar this Saturday, November 2nd at 7:00pm EST on Approach Shot & Volley Footwork and Movement. Space is limited, you can sign up at baileytennisfootwork.com.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8420 users online. 4 members and 8416 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X