No announcement yet.

2019 Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell...ATP 500...Barcelona, Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thiem won it handily and looked every bit the serious FO contender in doing so. Will be very interesting to see how he does at Madrid and Rome. Muster 2.0, and certainly more likeable, even though I always really liked Muster.
    Last edited by stroke; 04-28-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I still think Nadal will remain the man to beat and heavy favourite for the French Open. He's still quite a way off top form but he has a month to come good. Barring injury he will as hungry as hell to win. Roland Garros is supposedly that bit slower than the other clay court events which must weigh in his favour also. The Spaniard isn't done yet.

I going to miss him when he hangs up his bats. What he's done for tennis is quite remarkable. He's a great role model for kids on how to scrap, fight and never give up.
      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
        I still think Nadal will remain the man to beat and heavy favourite for the French Open. He's still quite a way off top form but he has a month to come good. Barring injury he will as hungry as hell to win. Roland Garros is supposedly that bit slower than the other clay court events which must weigh in his favour also. The Spaniard isn't done yet.

I going to miss him when he hangs up his bats. What he's done for tennis is quite remarkable. He's a great role model for kids on how to scrap, fight and never give up.
        the gold standard, Fed in his own effortless way is very close

Comment

Dominic Thiem was very impressive. Hopefully he will not overplay and get injured.

Comment

Thiem did what he was supposed to do, win the title. If you are going to beat Nadal on a clay court, in his home country, on a court named after him, then you better be sure you win the title.Dominic Thiem has put himself at the top of the heap along with Djokovic for contenders vs. Nadal on clay.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton
            Last edited by klacr; 04-29-2019, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Madrid should be very exciting with the emergence of serious contenders on clay other than Nadal and Novak. And Roger is due to return to the clay. I don't know if he can short hop the ball on clay, but if anyone can....

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8624 users online. 11 members and 8613 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X