No announcement yet.

Internal Shoulder Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a poor voice of words perhaps. Talent, as you say, may be a poor word choice. All top 100 players have a relatively high number of practice hours under their belt and high levels of desire and mental ability. What separates the top 10 is a mental or physical ability that is hard to quantify, but would be an extreme outlier if measurable. There are many in the 100 to 500 level that will never break through 100 regardless of practice hours put in or requisite level of desire.

Comment

I just think the top guys want it more, it's more important to them. I actually think they might have some issues because the desire to keep winning grand-slams after your won them all over and over and over seems a little psychotic to me. Whatever motivates them is not necessarily a good thing. As a huge tennis fan I always found it a little strange that you enter a tournament with 250 other players and win it and then the same 250 guys or girls move to another city or country and play each other again and it goes on and on like this and the same handful of players keep winning because they keep playing the same people. what do we expect? So I'm actually a little less impressed with the results than other people because only the scenery changes.

I think Federer Nadal and Dvokivic probably have some psychological problems. I really mean that. I dont think it's normal to keep needing to win the same tournaments year in and year out for 20 years. I love them all but I think they have issues. Federer has said that if he were'nt playing center court and had to play the small courts he doesn't know if he could do it so obviously he is motivated by something other than the game. I think its the stardom.
      Last edited by Error; 08-19-2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

The unquenched thirst for validation probably plays a role in that need for stardom.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2945 users online. 7 members and 2938 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X