header
  • You have been logged out of the forums. Please logout of our main site then login again on our home page. You will be automatically logged into the forums again.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 2019: Dominic Thiem First Serve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post

Tanner had lots of shoulder turn. With his low toss, his left arm was slightly above horizontal on trophy position.
    Not sure quite what you mean, Phil? I can't open your image.
    Stotty

Comment

Stotty,

Just Google "Roscoe Tanner Serve" and then view under images.
      Regards, Phil

Comment

or this

Regards, Phil

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post

Tanner had lots of shoulder turn. With his low toss, his left arm was slightly above horizontal on trophy position.
          What strikes me in Tanner's serve is the extent of his UB rotation from start to contact, 170 degrees? I also note the start of UB rotation before his racquet drop is underway. Putting massive momentum into the torso before the hitting shoulder is pulled hard under, back, and up...seems to make the best use of our ability to get the torso rotating, full of Mo, before the clutch is let out and the arm is pulled into action. I'm reminded of Roddick's form of synchronization, though different: He was off the ground and rotating while his racquet was still going down. He was my first lesson in where to find power before the ISR into contact phase. Can neitherr see too many films, nor watch each one too many times.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 180 users online. 11 members and 169 guests.

Most users ever online was 382 at 09:55 AM on 11-05-2018.

Working...
          X