Madrid Masters 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madrid Masters 1000

Fed, Novak, and Nadal all in draw on clay for the 1st time in a while. Novak likely to get Grigor in the 2nd round and maybe Del Po in the quarters. Fed has a good draw until the quarters where he will likely have to face Thiem, who may be the 3rd FO favorite at this point. Nadal has the winner of Shapovalov and FAA in the 2nd and probably Nishi, Stan or Medvedev in the quarters. Tsitsipas and Alex in the same quarter and could meet there in the quarters, which does not seem like a great bet as Alex has been really struggling to advance in tournaments of late. Thiem likely will have Fognini in the 3rd round to see who plays Roger. Looks like a great tournament on tap. Masters 1000's ain't easy.

Christian Garin in the finals of Munich is really playing well on clay and may just be someone to keep an eye on. Only 22 out of Chile and has been moving up the rankings quickly.
    Last edited by stroke; 05-05-2019, 03:02 AM.

Originally posted by stroke View Post
    Nadal has the winner of Shapovalov and FAA in the 2nd...

Christian Garin in the finals of Munich is really playing well on clay and may just be someone to keep an eye on. Only 22 out of Chile and has been moving up the rankings quickly.
    The all Canadian match should be interesting. I watched another interesting player that Cuevas beat in the semifinal in Estoril. Another young gun tossing his hat in the ring.

don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Fed, Novak, and Nadal all in draw on clay for the 1st time in a while. Novak likely to get Grigor in the 2nd round and maybe Del Po in the quarters. Fed has a good draw until the quarters where he will likely have to face Thiem, who may be the 3rd FO favorite at this point. Nadal has the winner of Shapovalov and FAA in the 2nd and probably Nishi, Stan or Medvedev in the quarters. Tsitsipas and Alex in the same quarter and could meet there in the quarters, which does not seem like a great bet as Alex has been really struggling to advance in tournaments of late. Thiem likely will have Fognini in the 3rd round to see who plays Roger. Looks like a great tournament on tap. Masters 1000's ain't easy.

i'm amazed that garin is not in the madrid draw... 2 clay titles in 2019. he's crushing it.

my historical favorite: nadal
      my sentimental favorites: fed, ferrer
      my underdog favorite: diego
      my momentum favorite: fognini
      my nextgen favorite: faa
      who i think will actually win: thiem

Comment

Nadal vs FAA could be something. Tsitsipas is very good on clay and younger obviously than Thiem. Thiem will not have a long run as the Prince of Clay, even if he can best Tsitpitas now, which is a question to me.

Comment

Nadal vs FAA could be something. Tsitsipas is very good on clay and younger obviously than Thiem. Thiem will not have a long run as the Prince of Clay, even if he can best Tsitpitas now, which is a question to me.
          i don't think faa is there yet. at the very least, he needs to get his serve under control.... nerves seems to get the better of him during critical points. but eventually i think he will. he's still young, and he's got all the tools. just needs to get his head 100% there.

interesting... thiem v tsit. love tsit, but my money is on thiem.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7725 users online. 7 members and 7718 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X