2nd serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd serve

I have a few clients who cannot feel the brushing - slice - kick. What are some drills I can use to implement, allowing that feeling?

I have used the imagery of a beach ball to get the student to get more spin on the ball. I tell them that instead of a tennis ball to imagine a beach ball that they are trying to get the racquet path around. An attempt to get a larger arc in the swing.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

For a kick serve: hold the racquet slightly above the handle, toss the ball over your head, brush up on the ball without letting the handle touch your forearm as you make your swing. Handle should finish on the pinkie side of your hand with the buttcap pointing towards the sky. With some practice should be able to hit it high over the net, once comfortable, move your hand to the end of the grip.

Comment

I use this thing...

you can take the "ball part" off the stand, and position it overhead.

even beginners/intermediate with the correct swing path/face can't "feel" the brush.
        with the above tool, you can at least see the ball spin even if you don't have the sensitivity to "feel" the brush.

honestly i don't really feel the brush on a slice serve (i typically hit an 85mph "hard topslice"), but i know i'm doing it based on the curve/bounce of the ball.
        i can feel/hear the brush if i exaggerate the slice (make contact way out to my right at like 3 o'clock, as a righty server)
        i can definitely feel/hear the brush for topspin and kick

hehe, also helps to remove any dampeners.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9356 users online. 6 members and 9350 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X