Maybe a first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a first

Express: Serena Williams and Dominic Thiem in press conference row at French Open: 'It's a joke'.
    DOMINIC THIEM was left fuming at the French Open after his press conference was cut short by officials to allow Serena Williams to speak, shortly after crashing out of the tournament.

Can't say Serena really surprised me here, but I am surprised at the way the FO officials handled this. Thiem is such a likeable guy. He handled it just right to me. Everyone has a breaking point.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
      Can't say Serena really surprised me here, but I am surprised at the way the FO officials handled this. Thiem is such a likeable guy. He handled it just right to me. Everyone has a breaking point.
      stroke! Don't get me started. Oh well...too late. Last night I got home a bit late from the weekly grocery run to town and a bit of practice at the range. Then when I got home the existential question was...do we take the horse in first and make the pizza after or vice versa. Vice versa per the boss (my wife). Pizza made and sit down at the television and lo and behold it is Serena and the cute young girl...the girl is just pounding the behemoth into next week. She smelled the victory early in the second set and she was just pounding the spurs into the horse to get it home. I mean giddy up.

So she defeats Her Highness and she isn't behaving all that graciously. I mean...I have never witnessed behaviour like that out of a woman. She just acts differently and this has nothing to do with her looks. But she has this arrogance about her that is befitting a behemoth. It isn't about appearances. So Her Highness is so high and mighty and the crowd just goes along with it. I really don't understand how a crowd can go so seriously collectively stupid. The crowd starts booing this cute Sophia Kenin (?) because she obviously wants to win so badly. Sort of how the crowd in New York was dissing the Japanese girl when she beat Her Holiness at the U. S. Open.

Yeah...Dominic Thiem is not on the Serena wagon. Well that proves one thing...there is a bit of sanity left in the tennis world. Maybe not a lot. But at least a little. Can't imagine how Her ---holiness managed to talk her way through the presser. But the cute little girl really handed her her rather large behind. Goodbye. Good luck. See ya never. Can't stand ya.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

The enabling behavior of most of the press and commentators(with the notable exception such as a reasonable Sam Groth in this episode) is sickening. The crowd I am actually more disappointed in than the press coverage. I expected more out of them. Kudos to Thiem. He cut short his court change press conference saying he could do what he wanted to also. Sam Groth said Serena should wait her turn just like everyone else. Can't see Fed doing this, or anyone else in the world for that matter.
        Last edited by stroke; 06-02-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Roger Federer weighs in...

Originally posted by stroke View Post
          The enabling behavior of most of the press and commentators(with the notable exception such as a reasonable Sam Groth in this episode) is sickening. The crowd I am actually more disappointed in than the press coverage. I expected more out of them. Kudos to Thiem. He cut short his court change press conference saying he could do what he wanted to also. Sam Groth said Serena should wait her turn just like everyone else. Can't see Fed doing this, or anyone else in the world for that matter.

They had Federer talking about it...it isn't any wonder that some of us are curious enough to talk about it. To think about the ramifications. Political correctness tentacles have not reached so far as to conclude some conversations before they are over. Freedom of thought let alone freedom of speech. Know what I mean?

But watch Serena Williams in this interview and can anybody tell me that they have ever seen a woman act this way. Talk this way. The voice is so strange. What comes out of the mouth does not speak to me of feminine intuition. The behaviour on the court is incongruent. It doesn't add up and I am saying so. This person is right out there in public and there is something incredibly strange about them like an elephant in the living room that nobody chooses to talk about.

Dominic Thiem was miffed? Of course he is. To be bumped to listen to that mumbling mumbo jumbo is just ludicrous. One might say that it was an insult but then again this is what you call "Modern Times". It's virtual morality. It is staring you in the face and you cannot believe your eyes deep in your heart. But you go along with it anyways. Because "they" tell you too. The Queen of Virtual Morality...Serena Williams.
          don_budge

Comment

Dominic hits back...

Good for you Dominic. No more bullying from the "women". It's a war on men. Wake up guys!
            don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8160 users online. 5 members and 8155 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X