Agassi vs. Federer at Nasdaq 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agassi vs. Federer at Nasdaq 100

What a great match. Federer was just so clutch on his serve. I was very impressed with Andre's crosscourt forehands; came as a surprise to Federer I think. Federer and Agassi looked very evenly matched off the ground, but Federer was much more dominant on his serve. The commentators kept commenting on Federer's serving being as clutch as Sampras. To be honest, I was rooting for Andre and found Federer's clutch serving as annoying as when Andy pulls the same sort of rabbits out of his hat.

Clutch serving from Roger Federer

Oof! Exceptional first and second serves at critical moments. Not too bad with the groundstrokes, either. That bum!
    Andre routinely comes up with that kind of stuff, normally.
    Remember Big Jake Kramer? The best. Becker, too. Kuerten seemed to come up with stuff like that a lot in his prime.
    Speaking of him, I read that he is coming back during the European claycourt swing leading up to the French Open. You guys think he'll make another run?

Comment

guga

I'm from Brazil, and I can say to you guys that if there is someone that can stop Federer, this one is Guga, that is, on clay.
      This coming monday he will return to the circuit, in Valencia, Spain.
      Just as Federer, he has no more a coach.
      If things go Ok, we tennis fans will again apreciate the best down the line backhand of the world.

Comment

I love Guga and I would love to see him push Federer. Is that realistic? I don't think so. Federer is playing some of the best tennis we've ever seen. Noone has been better mentally or physically for this long ever before. Physical problems have brought Guga towards the end of his career. This is unfortunate. It makes me mad because this man was one of the most special shotmakers and personalities of tennis history. His demolition of Federer at the French Open was an unbelievable performance--huge forehand and backhand rips, deft touch shots, and pin-point and powerful serves at the mighty Swiss. What all of Federer's challengers are most in need of, and what Kuerten had, is Roger's creativity and love for the game. How wonderful is it to see players who play the game from the heart as if painting a masterpiece-- not grinding, but crafting.

Comment

Kuerten

I love Gustavo too. I prefer women's tennis, but in the men's game, I generally root for the American players who play all-court tennis. But how can anyone not LOVE this man? His strokes are modern and sort of jerky, and his grips make my arm hurt. But he is an old soul -- a throwback to the amateur days. You get the feeling he'd play tournaments just for the sake of playing, and show up to every party and dance with the older ladies. Even the way he grunts is adorable. He's such a positive person. So great for our sport. I hope he makes it back to the top.
          Wonder what the Shredder thinks of his grunting?

Comment

Originally posted by ruymendes
            If things go Ok, we tennis fans will again apreciate the best down the line backhand of the world.
            I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. My vote is for Marat Safin. When he hits his down the line two-hander, the ball looks like it is on a rope--so hard, straight, and flat. Devestating. Leaves his opponents, including the man with the finest footwork on tour, Roger Federer, flat-footed.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 5826 users online. 3 members and 5823 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X