Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And where the hell is db, it is not the same without him

Comment

Post #1 suggests he's back finals day. Good tournament to pass on. He's missed zero in terms of entertainment so far.
      Stotty

Comment

Is anyone else repulsed by the media fawning over "Coco"? I am and think it's not only premature but disrespectul to where she is in her career. I wish her the best but these kinds of expecations are ridiculous and could truly mess with this kid's psyche. Remember Melanie Oudin? Genie Bouchard? Cici Bellis? Let's wait til she does something significant besides win one match against Venus.

Comment

Agreed, I get to the point where I have to change the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
            Is anyone else repulsed by the media fawning over "Coco"? I am and think it's not only premature but disrespectul to where she is in her career. I wish her the best but these kinds of expecations are ridiculous and could truly mess with this kid's psyche. Remember Melanie Oudin? Genie Bouchard? Cici Bellis? Let's wait til she does something significant besides win one match against Venus.
            Copy that.

It doesn't help when there nothing else much for the media to write or talk about. The whole event is flat as a pancake so far. You can only wax lyrical so much about the Big 3 annihilating the rest of the field. Tennis has a whacking great problem looming up on the not so distant horizon: the void there will be once the Big 3 step down.

Good luck to Coco. The girls is going to need it. She will have the full weight of tennis on her shoulders for the next five years at least.
            Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
              yes

Comment

Fognini and his latin temperament again.... at least he apologized...
                Fabio Fognini was fined $3,000 (£2,400) for unsportsmanlike conduct for his behaviour in a Wimbledon match where he yelled 'a bomb should explode here'. Fognini was beaten in straight sets...

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                  Fognini and his latin temperament again.... at least he apologized...
                  All is forgiven. Infinitely more watchable than most players and believes in himself.
                  Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                    And where the hell is db, it is not the same without him
                    Thanks stroke. I am in the good old USA!!! Playing golf with "The Ugly American"! Finding my game. I was at my dear old tennis coaches place yesterday with dear old Dad. Talk about nostalgia. This is the man that gave me those roots in the classic game that I advocate. What a super, super guy. He and my Father were colleagues for years at Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn, Michigan.

We watched Roger Federer play Berrittini to boot. So apropro. Will weigh in on Friday when I arrive home...in Sweden. Looking forwards to a Federer spanking of Nadal too.
                    don_budge
                    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Nishikori is playing unbelievable tennis after 1 set. Fed is playing great and just got outplayed.

Comment

Nadal outplayed Sam Querry. Sam had more problems with Rafas serve than Rafa with Sams. I do not see how Roger can beat Rafa. (Sorry, don-budge... )

Comment

Roger played great today. But what puts him a notch below the other two right now is that he cannot return a serve off the backhand side. It could be a close loss, or a blowout, but I agree with gzhpcu. It's also going to be windy again, not as bad as the french, but enough to be a factor.. Nadal is playing the best tennis of anyone right now. Of course, I do think Djokovic is capable of the win on Sunday. (Fingers crossed).

Comment

Nadal is favored slightly vs Fed at -128. Fed is +120. The oddsmakers have adjusted things as this tournament has progressed as they now have Nadal as the #2 favorite to win the tournament and Fed at #3. Going into the tournament, they had Fed at #2 and Nadal at #3. Novak is still the strong favorite to win the tournament.

Comment

Yahoo Sports: Federer-Nadal Wimbledon tickets vault to staggering costs.

Comment

Novak's level dropped in the 2nd set vs RBA and after winning the 1st set, it is one set all. And he is getting fussy out there. There won't be much room for level dropping and getting fussy vs Fed or Nadal.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4404 users online. 6 members and 4398 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X