California Senate Bill 206 & Player Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Senate Bill 206 & Player Compensation

This link is a little off the beaten path for the forum, but the implications of this bill for American collegiate sport(including tennis) are immense and will eventually affect U.S. professional tennis in the future. The genie is out of the bottle and most likely can’t be put back in. Perspectives from across the pond are welcomed.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201920200SB206.

A starchy document if ever there was one. It's always been a great way to sneak stuff in. Write documents no person in there right mind would ever want to read.
    Stotty

Comment

Sorry about that. Probably not appropriate for this forum. But the bill represents the beginning of the end for the controlling agency of all U.S. collegiate athletics(((NCAA). Collegiate players, including tennis will be able to have agents, sign shoe, clothing contracts, etc without jeopardizing athletic scholarships. Youth players will be able to do the same without jeopardizing potential collegiate scholarships. The U.S. may be forced to join the rest of the world and separate athletics and academics.

Comment

My comment wasn't a slight against your posting the thread, doctorhi. It was more a question of my dislike for legal jargon. It's only saving grace is it wasn't too long.

Apparently, Apple's T & C's would take at least a day to read. So will all tick the box 'Agree' and hope for the best.
        Last edited by stotty; 07-03-2019, 01:17 PM.
        Stotty

Comment

Got it! I should have summarized it ...and I hate the legal jargon myself. I just hate to see all amateurism go out the window, even if it is just hypocritical lip service in the U.S.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8149 users online. 6 members and 8143 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X