Understanding Muscle Memory: Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archiedan View Post
    -Related to your comment on Visualization, again, I could not agree more. First go to John Yandell's excellent book "Visual Tennis". Imagery and Visualization is so important and does not receive the heavy-weight emphasis that it deserves for all tennis players, beginners to Top 10 pros. Also, remember the title of my book is "Muscle Memory and Imagery: Better Tennis". Visualization is a form of imagery. The latter part of the book goes in detail on this, with multiple research studies being referenced.
    Have you read..."Zen and the Art of Archery" by Eugen Herrigel? You might like to give it a whirl.

don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

I have not read “Zen and the Art of Archery” but I just downloaded it and will read after I finish my current book

Comment

I have not read “Zen and the Art of Archery” but I just downloaded it and will read after I finish my current book
        Yes....speaking of "Zen and the Art of Archery". I shot one over par for nine holes today. After three short practice sessions. Forty five minutes each. It's coming. The practice is paying off. Now some positive results. What to do? Double down...on the practice. You are going to like this one. Keep up the great work!
        don_budge

Comment

I finished “Zen and the Art of Archery” earlier this month. I liked it. I do see similarities between my Muscle Memory Practice and the book. Thanks for the recommendation

Comment

I finished “Zen and the Art of Archery” earlier this month. I liked it. I do see similarities between my Muscle Memory Practice and the book. Thanks for the recommendation
            A great book. An extraordinary book. A must read for all servers inclined towards perfection. Being one with the bullseye. Really glad you read it and it gave you some food for thought with your project. Detailed writings about the inner workings of "the quest" of perfection. A beautiful thing. Tennis shots...golf shots. Archery. We used to hunters and shooting shots was a matter of life and death. Our ability to eat depended upon our success. We have watered it down somewhat but it sure is fun!

Thanks for the great series of articles Archie. A lot of really good material has been written on this site and yours is right up there in the upper percentile. Most of all...thanks for reading that book!
            don_budge

Comment

Thank you Sooooo much! I’ve also really appreciated your thoughtful comments!!! (and again the book recommendation)

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2501 users online. 8 members and 2493 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X