grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grips

bill could you give the "classic" index knuckle /heel pad points for a continental grip. also do the pros "tweak a little to the forehand or backhand side depending onthe type of ball received and shot desired ie stick volley verses angle volley. will the slice bh, serve ,and volley all be hit with EXACT same grip or will players use slight variation for each shot? thanks . i hit with a continental 2/1 and when i tried 2 1/2 / 2 my sice bh was much more driven(not so floaty which i have been trying to improve). trying to volley in this new position did not feel comfortable. should i give it more time and experiment? larry

I'm not Bill but here's my 2 cents

there is no way you can hit your best possible two inch high forehand volley and a two inch high backhand volley with the same grip. How about a two inch high forehand volley and a forehand volley that is higher than your head - would you use the same grip? You can modify your grip slightly when you make your unit turn. You may see a tip in an upcoming tennis magazine that suggests that you control the racquet face angle and not worry about your grip. If you hit a better slice with a certain grip - then use that grip for that shot. Many players modify their grips slightly and may not be aware of it. DO WHAT WORKS! If you experiment with slightly different serving grips you will find that changing your grip can cause you to change the shape of your stroke which can be good OR bad - depending on what you are trying to do. EXPERIMENT BY ALL MEANS!
    Last edited by davehagler; 03-25-2007, 09:18 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7881 users online. 8 members and 7873 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X