Brian Gordon article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Gordon article

The implications of this are tremendous. I think a lot of us are waiting to see what comes next. Brian - the question that I have is that players, even great ones, very frequently are not accurate in describing what they actually do. While this is tremendously useful for coaches, have any players been negatively impacted by "too much awareness" which made them more conscious and less relaxed?

Originally posted by davehagler
    The implications of this are tremendous. I think a lot of us are waiting to see what comes next. Brian - the question that I have is that players, even great ones, very frequently are not accurate in describing what they actually do. While this is tremendously useful for coaches, have any players been negatively impacted by "too much awareness" which made them more conscious and less relaxed?
    Dave-

The short answer is YES. Your excellent question dives into the steepest part of the learning curve for me - that is, how to harness the power of the tool into positive results for players - this is the reason I designed this system as a coaches tool and less so a players tool. The idea is to give coaches more power to let them do what they do best - adapt communication to the variable intellect of players. In my own case, I have tended to impose my overly analytical nature on a student or two which did induce brain lock. However, this is my shortcoming and not that of the information. You touch on what John Yandell has called the "art of the science" (I think he said that) . I have to believe a coach with more information and better understanding is in the best position to get results - the pedagogy is open to interpretation and a work in progress - Thanks - Brian

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7824 users online. 9 members and 7815 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X