Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Don Budge ... Moe Norman classic video

Thought you'd like this Don Budge ...

Last edited by hockeyscout; 08-25-2019, 08:36 AM.

I love it. Moe Norman...what can you say? Nothing...just shut up and listen. The guy is a one man wrecking crew. Absolutely defying the status quo and upending conventional wisdom. The guy might seem to be out of his mind but you cannot argue with his ability to hit the golf ball. Idiot savant comes to mind. I really have no idea what the diagnosis of Moe Norman's mental state was but he was certainly outside of the normal three sigma. Yet...he makes perfect sense. Go figure. He's a Canadian too hockeyscout...eh? When you listen to his interpretation of the golf swing he is using a parallel syntax that you use when talking tennis technique.

One of a kind and Lord knows this world could use a few more just like him. Well maybe not just like him, but from the same sort of reality defying brilliant genius of performance. But there isn't any mystery with regard to his technique or its success. He hit golf balls for eight years non-stop and he came upon a swing that he could duplicate every single time. Repetitive motions were right up his alley. That was all his brain had to do. He was wired for this sort of endeavour.

He was a vagabond for many years. Never able to manage his money to the point where he had a stable home or environment. He slept in sand bunkers when he was playing tournaments at times. Look at that haircut. You have to love just as much as you might pity him. It is impossible to pass a judgment on him because he was simply one of a kind. Thanks so much for the post. It is absolutely and categorically fascinating. It speaks well of you that you can appreciate the genius and ignore the dysfunction. Hope all is well with you my friend. Give my regards to the little one...who is probably not so little at this point.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Last edited by hockeyscout; 12-27-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

(-:

365 day a year swing ...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Last edited by hockeyscout; 08-26-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
          (-:

365 day a year swing ...
          Eight days a week. Eight days a week baby. It's not enough to show I care.

Knowing Moe...and I have paid a lot of attention is my golf quest because he is one of the most interesting character if not the most interesting. Autistic or not. I tell people that ask me how much I train that I practice eight days a week. I get a strange look. Much as Moe certainly got strange looks. Eight days a week...sir hockeyscout!
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2404 users online. 6 members and 2398 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X