Don Budge - Thoughts on this video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Budge - Thoughts on this video?

Share with me your thoughts on this here?

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
    I can almost feel some of the eyes rolling in the heads. Tennis teachers, students scoffing at golf. Well...teaching and playing golf taught me more about teaching tennis than playing tennis ever did. Tennis is nothing but golf on the run. The parallels are stark and powerful and this wonderful Canadian character made a lifetime extolling its virtues and managed to come out of the experience tantamount to a Buddhist monk.

This is the "Rain Man" of golf. Maybe in all of sports. Tiger Woods says that this is the only guy who can bring that swing to the golf course every single day of his life. Listen to Moe as he explains that the longest walk is the walk from the driving range to the first tee. I really love this guy and have paid quite a lot of attention and listened to his spiel over the years. His attitude is not duplicable by a normal human being.

"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication without the hangover. It's stimulation without the pills. It's price is high but the rewards are richer. Some say it is a boy's pastime yet it builds men. It cleans the mind and rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who know it and love it. Golf is truly happiness."

In a few words he expresses what it takes a lifetime to learn. There are no more important words that I could hear at this point in my "comeback". There is a certain madness to trying to perfect all of these skills and then to take it out on the course and try to put it into play. But I will try to remember to read these words every time I head to the course.

I believe that Moe was sixty-five years of age in the video that you posted. It's really good to hear it from a man of like years. Perspective is a hard thing to come by.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

I can almost feel some of the eyes rolling in the heads. Tennis teachers, students scoffing at golf. Well...teaching and playing golf taught me more about teaching tennis than playing tennis ever did. Tennis is nothing but golf on the run. The parallels are stark and powerful and this wonderful Canadian character made a lifetime extolling its virtues and managed to come out of the experience tantamount to a Buddhist monk.

This is the "Rain Man" of golf. Maybe in all of sports. Tiger Woods says that this is the only guy who can bring that swing to the golf course every single day of his life. Listen to Moe as he explains that the longest walk is the walk from the driving range to the first tee. I really love this guy and have paid quite a lot of attention and listened to his spiel over the years. His attitude is not duplicable by a normal human being.

"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication without the hangover. It's stimulation without the pills. It's price is high but the rewards are richer. Some say it is a boy's pastime yet it builds men. It cleans the mind and rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who know it and love it. Golf is truly happiness."

In a few words he expresses what it takes a lifetime to learn. There are no more important words that I could hear at this point in my "comeback". There is a certain madness to trying to perfect all of these skills and then to take it out on the course and try to put it into play. But I will try to remember to read these words every time I head to the course.

I believe that Moe was sixty-five years of age in the video that you posted. It's really good to hear it from a man of like years. Perspective is a hard thing to come by.
      Thought you'd like it ...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2434 users online. 5 members and 2429 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X