Laver vs Fraser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laver vs Fraser

Found this Italian video of Fraser vs Laver. This is grass court tennis. Play is continuous too: No toweling between points. Server goes to baseline and no endless bounces...

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
    Found this Italian video of Fraser vs Laver. This is grass court tennis. Play is continuous too: No toweling between points. Server goes to baseline and no endless bounces...
    The receiver plays to the tempo of the server.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

The receiver plays to the tempo of the server.
      Yes your are right.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzreviews View Post
        Yes your are right.
        Thanks fuzzreviews...although you will most likely never here me say that. It isn't important for me to be right or wrong about the least significant things or the most important either. My objective is to deliver my feelings on any given matter through as little filter as possible.

This video illustrates a sacred and subtle aspect of the game of tennis...of the bygone era of "Classic Tennis" which these wonderful Aussie fellows so beautifully exemplified. That aspect used to be referred to as "tennis etiquette". It was more or less an unwritten code of ethics in which the first commandment was "Thou shall not seek unfair advantage over your opponent". This code of etiquette was not so subtle cast into the mulch pile of discarded ethics with the advent of the new oversized equipment. You see...at this point each player had to ask themselves the question..."am I a cheater or am I a defender of the glorious game and sport of tennis?" Well we know how that one ended. Human nature being what it is when offered a choice will seek the path of least resistance. Not all...John McEnroe, Björn Borg, Jimmy Connors and Ivan Lendl were the studs on top of the heap in those days and they resisted. Until there was no point anymore. Then the flood gates were opened and tennis as we knew it was more or less flushed down the toilet like that most valuable contribution of most of the herd. The daily dump.

There has never been two players who violate the code of conduct of Tennis Etiquette more obviously or more blatantly than two of the top players in the game. They force their opponent into a position where they are forced to play at the server's tempo which is insanely and mesmerisingly slow. Bouncey...bouncey...bouncey...they lull their opponents into a state of complete catatonic paralysis. They are actually using hypnosis.

But although I won't say that I am right because of a peculiar sense of ethos that I acquired from a lifelong search for the reality of any given situation, I will say that I am normally within three sigma statistically speaking if you know what I mean.

Thank you fuzzeviews for your comment.
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8120 users online. 7 members and 8113 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X