Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Issue

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are progressing nicely on the May issue, with expected publication on May 6 or 7th!

What's coming?

Jeff Counts gives us the best analysis yet of the structure of the hitting arm on the modern forehand.

Welby Van Horn has a comprehensive article on learning the volleys from his pioneering teaching system.

What's American junior tennis really like up close--technically, tactically, and emotionally? I spent an amazing week at the Easter Bowl trying to figure it out, and I'm personally quite excited about this article.

Also at the Easter Bowl we filmed over 100 of our top juniors. In a new section called Future Stars we are putting up clips of some of their strokes. This is another big first for us. Wait til you see now good these kids really are.

Speaking of good, Guillermo Canas is back from the dead with two wins over the great Roger and a finals appearance on clay. It all started at Indian Wells, where he actually lost in the last round of qualies, but got in as the lucky loser and had that tremendous upset over Federer in the first round.

It's an amazing story, so check out his complete game this month in the Stroke Archive.

But that's not all. We have the next installment of the Strategy Game from Nick and Lance. We also have Sam Querry's forehand in the Interactive Forum. It's different than you may assume.

Finally, we have associate editor Giancarlo Andreani's first article. It's a very interesting account of what it was like to take a training certification with the great Pat Etcheberry and what he learned about as a player and a teacher.
    GC turned the tables and interviewed another devotee of Pat's system--me!

Find out how you might get a huge edge in your game and improve your health at the same time.

AND I almost forgot. Another revealing portrait from J. Gregory Swendsen, this time on Rafael Nadal.

See you soon with the issue and wish us god's speed as we labor on your behalf.

John Yandell
    Last edited by johnyandell; 05-03-2007, 06:36 PM.

John,

I just read through the latest issue. Once again, very sweet. I particularily like your Easter Bowl article.

Marc Moran, USPTA
    Tennis Director
    Club Sport Pleasanton
    Last edited by marcmoran; 05-25-2007, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2435 users online. 7 members and 2428 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X