2 Handed Forehand Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Handed Forehand Advice

I started my daughter out hitting with a one handed forehand. She was unable to control the shot due to her size and strength. We started to try with two hands and she picked it up quickly and after 2 years and a number of high level coaches that have pushed to switch two one she stays with two with great results. I have read articles debunking this stroke but for those who are teaching it or using there is one thing that I have just picked up that maybe of interest. My daughter is a lefty so I use your Seles stroke page for guidance. One problem my daughter has had was taking the ball late on her forehand side because when the right hand comes across the body it forces more balance to her back foot. This is why she would hit late and finish falling backwards instead of coming through with her hips. My solution is to make sure you drop your shoulder down and toward the ball just like a two handed backhand. Take the ball just in front of the lead foot and this will force your weight transfer to finish out in front. All the one handed forehands do just the opposite meaning they drop there back shoulder to get below the ball for topspin. So if you are hitting or teaching this shot try this method and you will see great results very soon depending on the skill of the player.

Good Luck,
    Andrew
    Last edited by tiff3872; 05-11-2007, 07:41 PM.

Who is Bill?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9658 users online. 8 members and 9650 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X