Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETS Consulting

Hello Everybody!
    John Yandell requested I create this thread to share with you some exciting news.
    As some of you may remember I was quite prolific on tennisplayer.net forums. In 2019 I dropped off a bit as I had a pretty big year with numerous transformational life events (all with positive outcomes).
    Having been in the club/resort industry and teaching for 4 decades and working for many incredible and inspiring bosses whom I admire I was essentially building their dream. It's time to build mine!

I've worked with coaches and players of all levels and am certain that my favorite ones were not a particular skill level, but instead had a desire to want to learn and improve. You can teach everyone but you can't make everyone learn.
    I had the fortunate chance to work with two lovely WTA players last year and had the offer to be on the team of another WTA Player that had won 2 grand slams and a former #1. I've taught at academies, resorts and posh country clubs. I've also tested, certified and mentored over 900 coaches. Needless to say I've seen it from all ends and have been in the trenches for quite some time. So a new time has come...

I have begun putting pieces together for SETS Consulting. What is SETS?
    SETS stands for Specialized Educational Tennis Solutions. We specialize in coach development and educational curriculum.We provide learning tools and insights to federations, elite coaches and their high performance players in order to maximize their talents, increase their performance and strengthen their current skill set and as well open up the possibility to acquire and introduce new concepts that improve them as coaches, players and people.
    SETS Consulting is equipped with the research, knowledge and education from elite academic institutions combined with the practical expertise gained from the highest levels of certifications and licensing from accredited and acclaimed coaching organizations. In essence, SETS Consulting sets you up to set you apart. The website will be up very soon in which I will post a link. There are big plans ahead, some of them will have our name on it, others we will be a strong and consistent force in the background allowing our clients to shine. A few of these you may have already used or heard of. My vision is crystal clear in 2020.

I really hope that last paragraph did not sound like a cheesy sales pitch because that was not the intent.

It is the intent to share with you what's ahead for me as this forum and the connections I have made on it have really shaped and expanded my knowledge base.I look forward to a future where the overwhelming majority of tennis coaches are equipped with an expertise level of skill sets, emotional intelligence and a strong foundation of teaching standards for the sake of themselves, their players and the future of our sport. The world is changing yet our business model as coaches has remained the same for many, many decades. Let's not go through life, let's grow through life.

I will try to be on this forum as much as my time allows to share my thoughts and inputs on all things tennis.

Thanks for your time reading this and thank you to John Yandell for the push and the friendship.

Kyle LaCroix
    Delray Beach
    SETS Consulting
    Last edited by klacr; 01-22-2020, 10:25 AM.

That’s great! Looking forward to seeing your website.

Comment

Hi Kyle - Congratulations! This sounds like a worthy and interesting project and I look forward to hearing more about it as it evolves. I wish you the best - Brian

Comment

Originally posted by doctorhl View Post
        That’s great! Looking forward to seeing your website.
        Thanks doctorhl. It's a big project but one that has deep significance and opportunity to impact the game of tennis on numerous levels.
        Better coaching > Better playing > Better tennis experiences

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Delray Beach
        SETS Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by BrianGordon View Post
          Hi Kyle - Congratulations! This sounds like a worthy and interesting project and I look forward to hearing more about it as it evolves. I wish you the best - Brian
          Thank you Brian! I appreciate it. We will be in touch.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Delray Beach
          SETS Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
            Hello Everybody!

My vision is crystal clear in 2020.

I really hope that last paragraph did not sound like a cheesy sales pitch...

Let's not go through life, let's grow through life.

Kyle LaCroix
            Delray Beach
            SETS Consulting
            How is it that you can say really cheesy things and they don't sound cheesy when you say them? I would say that is a talent. I would say that is an indicator that you are a young man to be taken more seriously than most of the rest. A little like George C. Scott. Patton comes to mind.

Seriously...for example. "Let's not go through life, let's grow through life." What a cliche! Yet appropriate. When Kyle LaCroix says it, it gives me pause. I listen. Great stuff Kyle! Fascinating. Looking forwards to more...a lot more. Good luck Brother!

don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

How is it that you can say really cheesy things and they don't sound cheesy when you say them? I would say that is a talent. I would say that is an indicator that you are a young man to be taken more seriously than most of the rest. A little like George C. Scott. Patton comes to mind.

Seriously...for example. "Let's not go through life, let's grow through life." What a cliche! Yet appropriate. When Kyle LaCroix says it, it gives me pause. I listen. Great stuff Kyle! Fascinating. Looking forwards to more...a lot more. Good luck Brother!

I'll take George C. Scott as Patton!
              "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhiliration of victory"
              Thanks don_budge.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Delray Beach
              SETS Consulting

Comment

I'll take George C. Scott as Patton!
                "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhiliration of victory"
                Thanks don_budge.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Delray Beach
                SETS Consulting
                I used the ask prospective employees a question. A rhetorical question. What is the key to any organization? The answer that I was looking for is...its organization. Any organization, including the one that you are developing is made up of infinitesimal details and all of them have to be sorted out and put in place. The square pegs in the square holes and the round ones in the round holes.

But starting at the top there is the leadership aspect and that is why I alluded to General Patton. Here is another great, great leader and I know how you respect your elders (Roy Emerson) so listen up my friend. Just a little food for thought.

don_budge

Comment

Thanks for sharing Kyle. More on John Wooden...

The PYRAMID:

don_budge

Comment

More John Wooden...Food for thought.

don_budge

Comment

Hello Everybody!
                      John Yandell requested I create this thread to share with you some exciting news.
                      As some of you may remember I was quite prolific on tennisplayer.net forums. In 2019 I dropped off a bit as I had a pretty big year with numerous transformational life events (all with positive outcomes).
                      Having been in the club/resort industry and teaching for 4 decades and working for many incredible and inspiring bosses whom I admire I was essentially building their dream. It's time to build mine!

I've worked with coaches and players of all levels and am certain that my favorite ones were not a particular skill level, but instead had a desire to want to learn and improve. You can teach everyone but you can't make everyone learn.
                      I had the fortunate chance to work with two lovely WTA players last year and had the offer to be on the team of another WTA Player that had won 2 grand slams and a former #1. I've taught at academies, resorts and posh country clubs. I've also tested, certified and mentored over 900 coaches. Needless to say I've seen it from all ends and have been in the trenches for quite some time. So a new time has come...

I have begun putting pieces together for SETS Consulting. What is SETS?
                      SETS stands for Specialized Educational Tennis Solutions. We specialize in coach development and educational curriculum.We provide learning tools and insights to federations, elite coaches and their high performance players in order to maximize their talents, increase their performance and strengthen their current skill set and as well open up the possibility to acquire and introduce new concepts that improve them as coaches, players and people.
                      SETS Consulting is equipped with the research, knowledge and education from elite academic institutions combined with the practical expertise gained from the highest levels of certifications and licensing from accredited and acclaimed coaching organizations. In essence, SETS Consulting sets you up to set you apart. The website will be up very soon in which I will post a link. There are big plans ahead, some of them will have our name on it, others we will be a strong and consistent force in the background allowing our clients to shine. A few of these you may have already used or heard of. My vision is crystal clear in 2020.

I really hope that last paragraph did not sound like a cheesy sales pitch because that was not the intent.

It is the intent to share with you what's ahead for me as this forum and the connections I have made on it have really shaped and expanded my knowledge base.I look forward to a future where the overwhelming majority of tennis coaches are equipped with an expertise level of skill sets, emotional intelligence and a strong foundation of teaching standards for the sake of themselves, their players and the future of our sport. The world is changing yet our business model as coaches has remained the same for many, many decades. Let's not go through life, let's grow through life.

I will try to be on this forum as much as my time allows to share my thoughts and inputs on all things tennis.

Thanks for your time reading this and thank you to John Yandell for the push and the friendship.

Kyle LaCroix
                      Delray Beach
                      SETS Consulting
                      I look forward to seeing it!

Comment

Good luck Kyle. With your positive power, talent, knowledge and optimism, you will be successfull.

Comment

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post

I look forward to seeing it!
                          Thanks. Hoping by the end of the week. Lots more to be added in the future (webinars, tennis templates for coaches and players etc) but looks great so far.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                          Delray Beach
                          SETS Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                            Good luck Kyle. With your positive power, talent, knowledge and optimism, you will be successfull.
                            Thanks Phil! Also, thank you for the glowing testimonial. That will be on the website as well.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                            Delray Beach
                            SETS Consulting

Comment

Good luck with your new venture. I assume it's predominantly a coach education business? We have coach education businesses over here who work independently from the LTA to deliver the coaching qualifications. The highest coaching qualification, however, is the preserve of the LTA and only they provide the coach education for that one. A couple of the private coach education businesses seem to do quite well as far as I can see.

Good luck with it anyway...

Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9011 users online. 1 members and 9010 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X