X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delray 2020 UPDATE!

Would love to hear your thought on "Delray 2020 UPDATE!"

John,
    It was great to have you down for the week. Delray is a fun little town that has a huge love for tennis. Your synopsis of the event and its players is spot on. Kyrgios did withdraw with a wriast injury but didn't seem to prevent him from practicing on the courts with Jack Sock two days later. If Kyrgios was dealing with a wrist injury it sure didn't look like it. 99.9999% of people in the world would love to have a wrist injury and still hit the way Kyrgios was hitting that session.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Delray Beach
    SETS Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
      John,
      It was great to have you down for the week. Delray is a fun little town that has a huge love for tennis. Your synopsis of the event and its players is spot on. Kyrgios did withdraw with a wriast injury but didn't seem to prevent him from practicing on the courts with Jack Sock two days later. If Kyrgios was dealing with a wrist injury it sure didn't look like it. 99.9999% of people in the world would love to have a wrist injury and still hit the way Kyrgios was hitting that session.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Delray Beach
      SETS Consulting
      Nick Kyrgios...Great Underachiever of All Time. The GUAT. Nice article about the tournament and players. Sounds like an awesome time. Love the Bromance! Really cool.

don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

GUAT, copy that

Comment

Hey I am married and Kyle is engaged!

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
            Hey I am married and Kyle is engaged!
            Just to clear up what I wrote in case of any misunderstanding. From the dictionary. Brotherly love...is a good thing. Strike that...it's a great thing! Huge congrats to Kyle on his engagement!

bromance | ˈbrəʊmans |

noun informal

a close but non-sexual relationship between two men.
            don_budge

Comment

I understood the first time you said it don_budge. All good.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Delray Beach
              SETS Consulting

Comment

Whatever the definition still creepy!

Comment

A Good Example of the Bromance...in GOLF (Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden)

From "Golf in the Kingdom"...Micheal Murphy 1972 (born in California and currently living in San Francisco, graduated from Stanford University)

Part One Chapter 3..."Singing the Praises of Golf"

'It's the only reason ye play at all,' she said. 'It's a way ye've found to get togither and yet maintain a proper distance. I know you men. Yer not like women or Italians hugging' and embracing' each other. Ye need tae feel yer separate love. Just look-ye winna' come home on time if yer with the boys, I've learned that o'er the years. The love ye feel for your friends is too strong for that. All those gentlemanly rools, why, they're the proper rools of affection-all the waiting' and oohing' and ahin' o'er yer shots, all the talk o' this one's drive and that one's putt and the other one's gorgeous swing-what is it all but love? Men lovin' men, that's what golf is.' The strong lines of her face were softened by the fire's glow. 'I think the loss o' love is Julian's real despair, whate'er his philosophisen' tells him. He misses the leisurely pace when there was time for more affection. Now don't ye Julian? I miss it too. Most of he women miss it, he ones I know. We hurry through our days.' She looked at Peter and took his hand. Then she lifted back her head. 'Oh, golf is for smellin' the heather and cut grass and walkin' fast across the countryside and feelin' the wind and watching the sun go down and seen' yer friends hit good shots' and hittin' some yourself. It's love and it's feelin' the splendour o' this good world.' There was music in her gentle Scottish burr, a fullness in her feeling for us. It was becoming obvious by now that each of us had a different song to sing in praise of the mysterious game.

I love the Scottish dialect...you feeling it glacierguy?
                  don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2328 users online. 7 members and 2321 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X