ATP suspends tour for 6 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATP suspends tour for 6 weeks

Roger picked the right time for his operation...

It will be interesting to see where we stand in six weeks.

The ATP has announced a six-week suspension of the men’s professional tennis tour due to escalating health and safety issues arising from the global outbreak of COVID-19.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
      Roger picked the right time for his operation...
      My son is cock-a-hoop. He sees this year's slams as being pivotal as to whether Roger finishes his career with more slams than Novak or Rafa. If the FO gets cancelled, then bang goes Rafa's hopes of a 20th slam. And if all the slams get cancelled then bang goes Novak's chance of ever catching either Rafa or Roger. My son is an ardent Roger fan and wants his man to win by fair means or foul. I think my son's wish could well be granted. Roger is the luckiest player who ever played the tennis. Not only has he had the most gilded draws imaginable in recent years, he could now have the whole season cancelled too!
      Stotty

Comment

It looks like when it is all said and done, all 3 will have a valid argument for the best ever.

Comment

Weird world we live in now.

Tour suspends play during Roger's hiatus. Will resume when he come back. Seems like it huh.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Delray Beach
          SETS Consulting

Comment

I expect Nick and Bernard will use this time for an extensive fitness training block to get into premier level fitness.
            Last edited by stroke; 03-17-2020, 02:38 AM.

Comment

The Guardian: Bernard Tomic endures blizzard of uncharitable scorn in self-isolation.

Comment

I feel sorry for Tomic for some strange reason. I shouldn't because he's a brat. I just never like to see someone get taken apart like that.
                Stotty

Comment

I actually like Tomic ok. He is not a mean too cool for school umpire bully like Nick. Of course he can be petulant when questioned by the press after some of his lesser efforts, but he came across likeable to me when interviewed on court after some few and far between wins. He really wasted a lot of talent though, about as much as anyone not named Nick. Watching him vs an in form Cilic at the AO as a teenager really showed that. Cilic is a great player, but I was thinking I would way rather have Tomic's game at the time. If he could have gotten it together mentally and more importantly trained to get his fitness where it needed to be(Alex and Stefanos are great examples of that, both are giving their all to be as fit as possible), I think he could have won a Major maybe. He has definitely worn out his social media welcome though ha. That article was brutally clear about that.
                  Last edited by stroke; 03-18-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

The tour is now suspended through June 7th so there goes the French Open. Poor Rafael Nadal. It's all about him. I'm still a little bummed that he didn't have to shag his own towel at Indian Wells. But in the light of things now it seems so trivial. Microscopic.

This is serious. Strange too.

don_budge
                    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7923 users online. 7 members and 7916 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X