Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 handed forehand article suggestion

John,
    I have found only 3 top 100 womed using this stroke. 3% noted is a small percent, but making it into the top 100 and 2 in the top fifty is nothing to sneeze at.

MARION BARTOLI (FRA) 19th ranked
    SHUAI PENG (CHN) 46th ranked
    AKIKO MORIGAMI (JPN) 71st Ranked

I have posted threads on this stroke because my daugter hits this stroke very well getting some very flat extreme angles with great pace for her size which is small. I was wondering if you would ever entertain the idea of doing a article on this stoke focusing on both the pros and cons.

We have been to three top acadamies in the south and most of the coaches at first want her to go to one hand but then they see her blast winners with two hands and all have incouraged her to continue with this stroke. So after flip flopping a couple times we are confident that with extremly good footwork this stroke can work at the highest level.

Monica sure proved that!

Thanks for your site we learn something new every month.

Warm Regards,
    Andrew
    Last edited by tiff3872; 06-30-2007, 10:32 AM.

France's Marion Bartoli advanced to her first career Grand Slam final.

Bartoli reminisced about growing up in France, describing how the multi-purpose sports courts she had to practice on indoors provided just a metre between the baseline and the backboard. This meant she had to stay inside the baseline, learn to take the ball early, and aim for the targets her father had set.

“If I touched the targets I got candy,” she explained. “So I was very motivated. Maybe that’s why I’m still loving too much the candies.”

She might not hit the ball as hard as some of the girls on the tour, but as Henin found out, she knows how to attack the ball and can be unerringly accurate.

Way to go Bartoli!!
    Last edited by tiff3872; 07-06-2007, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I saw her play at IW and was amazed at how early she hit the ball. This seems to be a prerequisite of the stroke--again like Monica.

I myself don't feel qualified really to dissect it. BUT we might ask our friend Gene Mayer to share his thoughts at some point.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8567 users online. 5 members and 8562 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X