• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stotty
    replied
    Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Reilly Opelka Serve

It's one of the most fearsome weapons in tennis. Reilly Opelka’s seve. So here it is, both first and second, in both the deuce and the ad courts.

A few issues to ponder. His lack of or only occasional upper arm rotation. His body turn. His stance and the push off with both feet. The advantage of his height. What do you guys think?

I can't get the video to play...

Leave a comment:

• jimlosaltos
    replied
    To my amatuer eye, of the approximately 7 footers, Reilly's serve has more in common with Karlovic's than with Isner's. Reilly gets very little height and jumps into the court like Ivo (who rushes the net a lot, which I've never seen Reilly do) but not up to the ball like Isner. I haven't found anyone that hits the ball as far into the court as Isner, perhaps a good 4 feet into the court. Here are three photos from our earlier TPN Tour Portraits, and a frame cap of Reilly near impact, taken from this video.

filedata/fetch?id=87118&d=1585511616&type=thumbfiledata/fetch?id=87119&d=1585511616&type=thumb
    . Frame cap of Reilly near impact, check out where his feet are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

filedata/fetch?id=87130&d=1585511858&type=thumb
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Last edited by jimlosaltos; 03-29-2020, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Interactive Forum April 2020: Reilly Opelka Serve

Reilly Opelka Serve

It's one of the most fearsome weapons in tennis. Reilly Opelka's serve. So here it is, both first and second, in both the deuce and the ad courts.

A few issues to ponder. His lack of or only occasional upper arm rotation. His body turn. His stance and the push off with both feet. The advantage of his height. What do you guys think?

Want to see Opelka's serve from an overhead view? Click Here!

Last edited by johnyandell; 03-29-2020, 08:51 PM.

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8628 users online. 7 members and 8621 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X