Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stroke
    replied
    I still think Nick and Bernard are using this time to get to top level fitness.
    Last edited by stroke; 04-20-2020, 07:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• stotty
    replied
    Not looking good for the slams this year. And if herd immunity is not achieved then maybe next year too. It's hard to imagine slams like the US Open and Wimbledon, which are packed to the rafters for two weeks of the year, could ever be allowed to happen without either a vaccine or herd immunity. The fastest a vaccine has ever been rubber stamped to use on the general public is 4 years.

I wonder whether playing behind closed might eventually be considered. It would at least keep players playing and fans entertained. It's a bummer not being able to watch any tennis when it was getting so interesting regarding the GOAT race.

Another thing I wonder about is if any of the tour players are getting to practice in this extended lay off? There is going to be a lot of rusty tour players if all they are doing is sitting on the sofa Tweeting and watching Netflix.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Ditto. Maybe all this rest will be good for Roger.

Leave a comment:

• jeffreycounts
    replied
    Wimbledon just got axed. Hopefully the US Open will still happen? My only real concern is it's shortening the time we have left to see Fed play. He's at the end of his career, and by cancelling all the Slams and moving the Olympics, his window just got shorter. I know in the end he's not going to be considered the GOAT, but in terms of who has brought me the most joy watching professional tennis, it's Roger by a long shot.

Leave a comment:

• Tennis, the Corona Virus, and the Great Unknown

Let's get your thoughts on Matt Cronin's article, "Tennis, the Corona Virus, and the Great Unknown"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7976 users online. 11 members and 7965 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X