Forehand Volleys: Tour Portrait for April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forehand Volleys: Tour Portrait for April

This month's Tour Portrait focuses on forehand volleys, with photos I took over many years. Given the TPN readers' focus on technique, I only included a few offbeat ones, but you might appreciate this of Alison Riske, a good volleyer, moments after her volley shown in the set.

Odds and ends of possible interest. The image of Sabine Lisicki stretching was taken through a chain link fence. It surprises people that with the right lens you can throw the chain link so far out of focus you'd need to pixel peep at a large image to know it was there. The image of Konta making a low dig is also shot through a mesh net, to get the angle from below the net headband.

The tour portrait is here: https://www.tennisplayer.net/members...ehand_volleys/

Hope you enjoy my photos. / jim

filedata/fetch?id=87161&d=1585589839&type=thumb

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by jimlosaltos; 03-30-2020, 09:48 AM.

Jim, do you have any photos of Dustin Brown hitting his marvelous “chop dropshots” from deep inside his own court.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorhl View Post
      Jim, do you have any photos of Dustin Brown hitting his marvelous “chop dropshots” from deep inside his own court.
      Unfortunately, not. Never seen the dreadlocked one play live, although I'd like to.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

Unfortunately, not. Never seen the dreadlocked one play live, although I'd like to.
        When he is zoned, his athletic ability is uncanny. Unfortunately, he is capable of making terrible shot selections.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8857 users online. 7 members and 8850 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X