racket drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racket drop

I read some stuff on these boards about a "circular" racket drop and a "direct" racket drop..

right now, I am having troubles with actually getting into the racket drop position. Is the external rotation to the drop something you should conciously do, or something that naturally occurs?? I find that I am having problems naturally just "dropping" the racket from the trophy position. The video seems to show that alot of different funny wrist movements are happening prior to the racket drop. And this is probably sucking away all my power on the serve.

I actually have a very deep racket drop with a low elbow position, but my problem is actually taking advantage of it. I watch the pros on the stroke archives and some pros seem to get into their racket drop position in different ways.

Are there any drills/excersises to help me properly get into the racket drop position, to take advantage of my federer-like shoulder flexibility?? I've already tried the circle drill to no success. It's a shame to have federer-like flexibility and only clock 70 mph on the radar!
    Last edited by sharpy; 07-29-2007, 07:10 PM.

Brian is going to write about some of this stuff in Sept. I'd like to see some video though before I give you any suggestions.

Have a clip to email me? Or post below?

Comment

Sure, I'll get the vid posted by tommorow depending on how long it takes to convert the file

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7823 users online. 10 members and 7813 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X