Women's Tennis and the ATP Forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianGordon View Post

Recently I was on the court with a well known wta player (to remain unnamed) to do a 3D evaluation. If I gave her 70 - 75 mph flat-ish feeds she'd spank it back. Give her 65 plus 1500 - 2000 rpms and she couldn't handle it at all on either side. Frankly I was shocked how bad it was - I make my girls hit at least 100 of these per day on each side.
    Brian, do you have a favorite ball machine?

Comment

Great advice don_budge. The initial stages are the most dangerous - I’ve been fortunate to not have any issues but I prep them for a long period and bring them along slowly.

Postpre - I like the playmate grand slam with lift. I really only use it for serve return though.

Comment

Postpre: Also check out the Sports Attack. That's what I have. Does return of serve and also has great speed, spin and trajectory control. About half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianGordon View Post
          Great advice don_budge. The initial stages are the most dangerous - I’ve been fortunate to not have any issues but I prep them for a long period and bring them along slowly.
          Hello BrianGordon...can you please explain what prep you do before hand? I am using a term that I tell myself that I coined...prehabilitation. Doing the "rehabilitation" before the injury actually occurs as to prevent or minimilize or reduce recovery time.
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Hello don_budge - my prep utilizes band work, air resisted swings and segmented shadow reps in conjunction with the hitting progressions I mentioned earlier. Nothing too high-tech but it has worked ok so far. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2764 users online. 7 members and 2757 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X