Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Issue Publication Date: August 10

August Issue!

We plan to publish the August issue on August 10th. I know a lot of you get antsy and want to see it NOW--which is the highest compliment you could give us--so I'm warning you now you have to wait a few more days.

If you haven't heard about it, we are really thrilled with our new relationship with the USPTA allowing teaching pros all over the world to join us on Tennisplayer.

This agreement was just announced a few days ago.

I want to give our new USPTA subscribers a few extra days to check out what is in the July Issue, hence the Aug 10 date.

There are two important articles for August that I think break some new ground for coaches and players. These are:

The Serve Backswing, Brian Gordon

This is an amazing new piece of work that reveals, for the first time, the complex interplay of factors that go into generating racket head speed in this misunderstood segment of the stroke. This is not mere opinion--it's based on Brian's groundbreaking 3 dimensional work. You'll look at abbreviated wind ups and the role of the legs in a new light.

Why Can't I Practice the Way I Play? Jeff Greenwald

How many times have you asked yourself that question--without finding an answer? Jeff is a good friend who has unique qualifications as both a player and sports pyschologist, and has become an important force in USTA High Performance education for players and coaches. Yes, there is an answer--and it works.

More

There's a lot more. Tremendous, all new, really dynamic footage of Richard Gasquet for the Stroke Archive. More from David Bailey and his breakthrough work on footwork patterns. Another Your Strokes from Jeff Counts--his July article being one of the most well received we've had in several months.

One of our new audio/video Osmosis Clinics from me on the One-Handed Backhand. And also my statistical and psychological analysis of Federer's amazing Wimbledon win--it's not too late for all of us to learn something from that.

There's also an Interactive Forum about Hitting Stances and a New Music video.

Something to look forward to, I hope you will agree.
    Last edited by johnyandell; 08-04-2007, 06:46 PM.

August Issue

Sounds Great. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't all back issues available on site. Couldn't you put the August issue up and if people want to see July they can just click on past issues.

Comment

Hey Mike,

Yep. But baby steps. It'll be up on the 10th.

Comment

august issue

hey bubba,
        it's the 10th

Comment

Yes, and your point is?

Comment

It's up now!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7640 users online. 8 members and 7632 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X