straight armed forehand volley??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• straight armed forehand volley??

hello i just finished practicing with a friend of mine and when i was at net i found myself hitting some forehand volleys with a straighter arm especially on low volleys. and i also notcied an instructor at my local club hitting volleys like that too. is it good to use a straighter arm??/

Why won't anyone answer. I wanna know too.

Comment

Actually the hitting arm position is flexible on the forehand volley, but is basically in the shape of an open u. You can see this is Jack Groppel's article on the volley in biomechanics. I plan to write more on this topic in the next few months.

Comment

thanks john relaxing my arm has had better results.

Comment

It's really a push with the palm of the hand but originating from the shoulder-a unitary rotation.

Comment

I've always thought of the arm as being relatively straight, but it should never be locked out at the elbow. The joint should remain soft so that it can flex if absolutely necessary (whether on a quick reaction volley or in dealing with the force of a heavily struck ball on impact).

Any arm motion independent of torso rotation should be made from the shoulder joint with the arm and racquet moving as a single unit.

Comment

straight arm on volley

read the old article on the pete sampras 2 step volley and check out pete's arm. it isn't straight.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2331 users online. 6 members and 2325 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X