• Show
Clear All

• johnyandell
    replied
    True.

Leave a comment:

• doctorhl
    replied
    Perfect testimonial for tennisplayer.net!

Leave a comment:

• bartdalton
    replied
    Superb adjustment. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• paddleguy1
    replied
    John - Tyler won a huge prize money tournament with a lot of atp players today. His serve was the difference!!!! Your coaching on his serve was world class. We are very grateful for you!!!! Thank you!!!!!
    George Zink

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Wouldn't that be great! I have a standing Wimby invitation. Maybe it can happen.

Leave a comment:

• stotty
    replied
    Super. The best practical article for quite some time. It's an excellent step by step workshop with a real student and a concrete result at the end of it. It's great to see good coaching skills being put into practice for others to see. The whole exercise was made to look quite simple and I suspect it probably was. Knowing where to start and when is perhaps to most critical part of tackling any student but especially one who is an accomplished player already. Good players need careful study before rushing headlong into things. I always give myself a wide berth when coaching good players and make clear from the outset I will need time to consider their coaching path. It's amazing how even very good players expect you to assess them in two seconds!

Great work, John. Next time you come across the pond we're going to have to meet up. Dinner is on me...and try to bring Kyle with you if you can.
    Last edited by stotty; 08-05-2020, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Right--that we all knew each other made for a good collaboration.

Leave a comment:

• doctorhl
    replied
    Ease of agreement most likely facilitated by the the level of trust that George and Tyler had in your abilities.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Yes to all 8. But it was more or less mutually agreed among us--didn't have to obtain much!

Leave a comment:

• doctorhl
    replied
    John: Your “eye” for correction/ improvement for Tyler’s serve was great!! It was also amazing that Tyler was able to implement your analysis and recommendations sp quickly!

I am interested in your overall process to analyze and correct Tyler’s serve. Numbered below are the steps that I thought you might have used. Please add, delete, correct any of these steps because I would like your feedback. Steps 1, 2 , and 3 are important, but obviously become irrelevant if 4 -8 are not accomplished.. Many great analysts never get their due because of the the difficulty encountered in accomplishing steps 4-8 with difficult coaches( parents?) and their athletes.

1.Analyst observed differences between model(Federer) and subject(Tyler).
    2.Analyst determined if these differences were critical elements for successful/ improved performance or just style differences.( critical elements)
    3.Analyst decided on the sequence of critical elements to correct.( Stance first).
    4.Analyst obtained consensus from coach( George) and subject(Tyler)) in whether they observed the same video differences that the analyst observed.
    5.Analyst obtained consensus from coach and subject regarding the importance of corrections for improved performance.
    6.Analyst obtained consensus from coach and subject regarding the sequence of corrections.
    7.Analyst obtained consensus from coach and subject in acceptance of teaching cues/drills needed to correct critical elements.
    8.Analyst obtained compliance from coach and subject in implementing and practicing teaching cues/drills.

Leave a comment:

• klacr
    replied
    Great adjustment. Great player. The difference in serve is noticeable and he now has a beautifully full motion. A simple adjustment makes a huge difference. This is a necessary step i use with all my students and the gains they make on their serve are immediate.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Delray Beach
    SETS Consulting

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic Tyler Zink Serve

Tyler Zink Serve

Would love your thoughts on "Tyler Zink Serve"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7730 users online. 6 members and 7724 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X