September Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Issue

Still working away on your behalf for September--sometimes things don't go quite as fast as you hope, if you know the feeling...

Brian Gordon and I attempted to work each other to death and nearly succeeded--but with awesome results that will make it all worth it. Anyway, that's what I think. Brian? Any viewpoint on that?

And now I can reveal the mystery filming--for the first time ever we were able to film Pete Sampras using Brian's 3D protocol. Boys and girls, that was big.
    We'll be learning a lot from that over the next couple of years.

That on top of the incredible data collection we did at the Meadowood Classic college tourney in Napa.

Special thanks there to the players and especially their coaches. These guys are all gentlemen as well as students of the game and their cooperation was fantastic!

Peter Wright-Cal

Peter Smith-SoCal

Sam Paul-North Carolina

Manny Diaz-Georgia

And a final thank you to Doug King, director of tennis at Meadowood for all his cooperation and facilitation!

And yeah, yeah I know you guys want the new issue so Aaron and I are getting back to work on it right now.
    Last edited by johnyandell; 09-11-2007, 09:38 PM.

Yes - it was an intense amount of work - still recovering from the effects. And I concur the information derived will serve to answer many stroke mechanics questions for years to come. I also would like to extend my gratitude to the great coaches you mentioned - Brian

Comment

Unbelievable guys. I am looking forward to this big time. Brian - will you be able to construct a 3D wireframe of Pete's serve, the way you did in your articles? That would be insane.

Also, I find the serve articles you have written to be incredible. The combination of 3D data with a biomechancial explanation is as good as it gets for a scientific approach to tennis.

Jeff
      Last edited by jeffreycounts; 09-19-2007, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Jeff-

Appreciate the kind sentiments regarding my work - and yes, the information will be available to produce the gambit of graphics including wireframes - Brian

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7773 users online. 3 members and 7770 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X