forehand hitting arm positions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forehand hitting arm positions?

hello i am a junior and i have been wondering which hitting arm position is better the straight arm of the double bend i have been showed both ways and also with the help of Tennisplayer i understand both more but the question which one is better still lingers ? or should i focus on developing both

Good question and I can't say I know the answer. I'm not sure we can say "better."

A far higher number of players at all levels use the double bend and Federer uses it on one third of his forehands. Some guys with forehands that aren't considered the greatest, like Srichaphan are all straight. But so are Verdasco and also Nadal.

One thing I have noticed is players making a big deal about this when the more basic elements are not sound.

My advice would be to develop all the elements with the double bend and then experiment. The player is really the only one who can know which works best for him.

Comment

i seem to prefer the straight hitting arm but on occasion i do use the double bend

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7813 users online. 6 members and 7807 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X