Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ten1050 View Post
    A message to Brandon from Theodore Roosevelt:
    ”It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
    Great quote - I love it - Roosevelt went to Harvard/Columbia ... I sure hope Brandon is taking a full course load right now, and the adults are placing an emphasis on his scholastic development #1.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      Tommy,
      I am with you! Think he is gonna move up.
      Everyone thought Ryan Harrison and Donald Young "would move up" - but, they were rushed way to quickly IMO. Can't understand for the life of me why there is so much self promotion, pressure and a big rush - the Detroit Red Wings do right by their "kids" - they don't move them up until they are "over-ripened." The first six months and the rookie year are always great - and, then everyone figures you out and it gets real tough real fast. The pro tour is unforgiving place, and it's better to let kids be kids, put school #1 and develop them at the right pace. You can't skip steps in this game - sooner or later it comes back to bite you. I've been there - done that - seen that in the past five decades of my career. As you get older you learn how much time it takes to do things the right way. Kids should be kids and go to school.

Comment

Originally posted by seano View Post
        Interesting in Nakashima's match today against Zverev, how the commentators (Including McEnroe) were speaking how solid Nakashima's had such a solid backhand but needed to work on his "awkward" forehand.
        Just based on the clip it looks like the standard ATP forehand (e.g. Djokovic/Thiem type). Not sure what the commentators are looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post

It's an inherent athletic trait - vice like grip - George Foreman is an example. Can't be trained into an athlete.
          How can you 'see' someone's grip strength?

Comment

How can you not see someones grip strength?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9262 users online. 3 members and 9259 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X