US Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Open

1st round coming up, Alex vs Kevin Anderson. I would think this is a pretty much toss up. Very tough 1st round for Alex. Goffin vs Opelka today also. Very tough 1st round there also.

Looks like complete chaos and disorganization with their bubble. Unlike the NHL that did everything correctly.

Comment

Murray at 4 1/2 hours into his 5 set 1st round match vs Nishioka. He is certainly giving it his all, but he is clearly no longer a contender for any 1000's or Majors to me.

Comment

One of Novak Djokovic's many routines rubbed fans the wrong way after his first round victory at the US Open.

Comment

Hahaha...Djokovic comes out. See...he never did really give a shit about the fans or was showing any type of sincere gesture of appreciation. It doesn't matter if the fans are there or not. But is this really news to anybody free thinking, rational human being. It's ok by the way...just human nature. You understand...it's all about me.
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
            Looks like complete chaos and disorganization with their bubble. Unlike the NHL that did everything correctly.
            No...there is an organization behind this sad, sad spectacle of a once great and illustrious tournament. It has been taken over by the same radical groups currently infesting the NBA, MLB and NFL. Black Lives Matter and Antifa. Off shoots of the Democratic Party in the United States Government. They made a sad spectacle of this moronic imbecile who obviously knows nothing of what she demonstrates. She's puppet doing what the masters wish her to do. Probably a good soul deep inside but she is being played by a powerful entity.

NEW YORK (AP) — Before and after her first-round victory at the U.S. Open, Naomi Osaka wore a mask bearing the name of Breonna Taylor

Say her name...Breonna something or other. This person was deeply involved in a notorious drug operation and she and her accomplices had been under surveillance for years. It all started with a murder where the victim was found in a rental car that was rented in this persons name. It gets better. She is the doll of "Chopo" who is the drug lord of the Louisville crime syndicate. She didn't deserve to die of course...but she certainly was playing "Urban Roulette". A male in her apartment opened fire on the police and she was cut down in the cross fire. A sad story of urban existence to be sure but one that obviously the idiot tennis player is unaware of. Keep the politics out of the "sports entertainment world". Otherwise...just cancel them.
            don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

It's a bit weird looking at the draw and not seeing Roger and Rafa churning their way through it...
              Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

Hahaha...Djokovic comes out. See...he never did really give a shit about the fans or was showing any type of sincere gesture of appreciation. It doesn't matter if the fans are there or not. But is this really news to anybody free thinking, rational human being. It's ok by the way...just human nature. You understand...it's all about me.
                Novak has lost his way a bit with this continuing conclusion to his wins, but not as badly as Osaka.

Comment

A couple of interesting matches today, Sock vs Mannarino and Fritz vs Simon. I have always like Mannarino's rather seemingly effortless game. To use Brian's new lingo, I think Adrian has a type 3 forehand with the prototype positional take back. He does not have the prototype straight arm. but he is right at the 165° minimum maybe. He seems to have all day on that side. His lefty swing serve will be a nightmare for Sock. Fritz is due for a breakout to me. I love his game.
                  Last edited by stroke; 09-02-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Match of the day seems to be Murray vs FAA. Looks like this may be end of tournament here for Murray. Very tough match up for him.

Comment

It does seem tough for Murray. I'm hoping he (Murray) deploys the drop shot to good effect. Benoit Paire drop-shotted FAA to a standstill in Lyon 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                        Match of the day seems to be Murray vs FAA. Looks like this may be end of tournament here for Murray. Very tough match up for him.
                        Unbelievable showing - I am not sure how in the world he got to this type of level of play after the surgery/rehab - Andy has an incredible unbelievable team of people around him - shocked at what he has shown. He's always done the right training and been highly thorough - but, just goes to show you every event/game/match is a car crash and no matter who you are it catches up on you.

It should make us really appreciated how unbelievably durable Roger Federer has been - lateral work is not good for the body - one hockey team I consulted with cut down their injuries when I set them up and ellipticall/linear practice patterning - cut out all the stops/starts - did the activation work for starts/stops in a pool and I had them on a skier's edge machine program to teach smarter lateral activation and patterning.

Obviously in tennis you cannot do that - you have to move laterally all the time and stop and start cause that is the nature of the sport - so, you have to respect Federer's longevity - I thought he would be done years ago with that bad ankle gait of his - but, somehow he managed to get that corrected.

What Murray is doing now is out of this world - crazy - I never thought it was possible to do what he is doing. You could do it with a hockey player or boxer - but, never a basketball or tennis player. Pretty insane.

Comment

Oddmakers have Novak as the prohibitive favorite to win the tournament at only -125. Medvedev a distant second at +600, followed by Tsitsipas at +700 and Thiem at +750. Berretttni is the #9 favorite or so, but watching him today, I am not so sure he should be the number 2 favorite behind Novak.

Comment

Some great matches today, Shapo vs Fritz, Mannarino ve Zverev, Novak vs Struff, Tsitsipas vs Coric.

Comment

Very tough 5 set loss, about as bad as it gets for Stefanos, but obviously, Coric showed massive mental and physical strength in coming back to win. Today, an interesting match is Medvedev vs JJ Wolf. Wolf is rocking a mullet, I suppose a tribute to Agassi. He is unlikely looking physically, but hits an absolutely massive ball off both sides. A way better athlete than one might think at first seeing him. Could be interesting.
                              Last edited by stroke; 09-05-2020, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8828 users online. 3 members and 8825 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X