Straight Arm Forehand vs Double Bend Forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post

If we asked him about it, he would not even know what type of forehand he hit. He is just trying to achieve a goal, probably of an idealized contact point?
    Haha ... isn’t this the truth ... brilliant. Sometimes we gotra be like Bon Jovi and just let it rock.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
      To me, he never hits a type 2. It think the overriding reason for this is he always to me has a passive wrist and keeps his positional backswing to the outside.
      Got it! So the type 1 is more like an overhand frisbee throw. The linear component keeps it from jerking off of target while at the same time there are plenty of rotational components that add to the stroke from the torso.

What an illusion? A shot that looks rotational but has lots of linear components. No wonder we miss it with the naked eye.

Comment

Agreed! Because it is so fast we can't see what is actually happening.

It wouldn't work very well if it was as circular as it appears unless you would like to hit all of your forehands sideways

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Brian says, and he should know, that very few players have this ability to hit with a straight arm, but as I said in the spacing post I made, if you feel it you can recreate it. I see a lot of morons on other forums claiming they have straight arm forehands. Let's not forget a few players like Agassi and Sampras did pretty well with double bends.
          I used to post occasionally on the TW message board, but have stopped. Just too uninformed and stupid even for me.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
            I see a lot of morons on other forums claiming they have straight arm forehands.

Hey!

J
            Last edited by J011yroger; 09-18-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

No offense Jolly I wasn't thinking of you....But Stroke yes uniformed stupid and may I add arrogant and blind? Yet I can't resist an occasional post...
              Last edited by johnyandell; 09-19-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 10316 users online. 6 members and 10310 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X