X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don_budge
    replied
    Originally posted by seano View Post
    I've always lived by the creed, "Technical deficiencies limit tactical options".
    Sound advice.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Yeah I don't remember much about 2019.... I'd been planning this one for awhile though. His arm action from drop thru extension is good. But he has that open starting position with his shoulders. Many of the women have more turn away from the ball than he does. He's wide open with the shoulders at contact. So starting stance and body turn are the things in my opinion. Don't think he needs probation just a reasonable starting stance...

Leave a comment:

• stroke
    replied
    John, it is a coincidence to me that you have brought this up in this month's issue. I and other forum members were just chatting about the Zverev serve on the "forehand downward flex" thread back from July 2019. You and another forum member brought up some very valid pointers. My suggestion was for Alex to simply start his motion Brian's "probation serve" set up position. To me, Alex has a good motion which is evident in his overhead. I think he tends to lose his way in his full motion.

Leave a comment:

• seano
    replied
    John -

As always, you are spot on in your analysis. Hopefully he can work through his case of the yips. The difference between his first and second serve is incredible, that's why getting kids at a young age and drill in proper technique is so important. I've always lived by the creed, "Technical deficiencies limit tactical options". Keep up the great work.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic Tour Strokes: Alexander Zverev Serve

Tour Strokes: Alexander Zverev Serve

Would love to get your thoughts on my article, "Tour Strokes: Alexander Zverev Serve"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2785 users online. 6 members and 2779 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X