Bernard Tomic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Tomic

This hopefully will be my last Bernard thread. As many know, I think he wasted about as much potential as anyone I have ever seen.

Daily Mail: The Bachelor: Kaitlyn Hoppe plays tennis after dumping Bernard Tomic.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ard-Tomic.html

A real witch that one - probably called the papers and said "come take photos of my tits and ass" - pretty average girl - and not much in the character department - he's better off without her. Hope he finds a nicer girl when he is ready for it.

Yet another classic lesson that you should not sign with an agency at 13 and turn pro at 15. He wasn't as good as everyone said/thought he was - yes, big, strong, talented, looked the part - but ... they all missed the part that he was as dumb as a sack of shit, a kid in a man's body, no IQ for the game, no passion for the game, arrogant, no compete, classic millennial and needed time/space for the mental game/academic brain/psychology to catch up to his world class talents. Everyone misses big on this component these days. They should have found him a nice old/veteran NCAA D1 tennis coach who meant what he said, and told the young man tennis is #2 and developing you into a man is #1. Lots of those guys in the school ranks that have the brains to chase the agents away - and keep things in perspective. Pretty sure he might have won this years US Open if everyone wasn't in a rush of trying to play a boy against professional men who are old enough to have wives, families and kids.

There isn't much love on the pro tennis tour - or development for that fact. If you think about it he would have been much better off playing Junior's till he was 18/19, played a ton of 1 vs 2 players to push his skills, kept it low key/fun, went to college from 19/23 and then starting out in pro at 24 when he was socially ready to handle the pressure. His dad did a great job in terms of skill development - but, no one developed the poor kid between the ears. I see these 16,17,18,19 year olds on the pro tour and just shake my head. Once that fame hits - the emotional maturity comes to a halt for so many of these kids - we should not hate Bernard too much - we should all want to bitch slap the parents/agents/advisor/federations for rushing him, and not doing right by the kid.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8501 users online. 9 members and 8492 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X