New Teaching Method: The Slice Backhand Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Teaching Method: The Slice Backhand Part 1

Would love to get your thoughts on my latest article, "New Teaching Method: The Slice Backhand Part 1"

A great article explaining the evolvement of the modern pro slice from the classic drive slice.Your style of laying a broad based, but scientific, foundational analysis is comprehensive enough to inform players from recreational to pro level to wisely select from “ best fit” models of a stroke. Most tennis websites do not put in the necessary research needed in order to enable the reader those informed opportunities. I am looking forward to see how all this will be put together in future articles as I feel that I am about halfway between the classic and pro slices. I feel like I occasionally come a little closer to these spin rates( ball skids low when I do), but..... I am not facing anyone hitting those high spin rates!

Comment

Doctor, Thanks for the thoughts and I couldn't agree more. I had to cut off most of them but I still get emails from a couple of know nothing miracle bullet coaches.

Comment

I’m excited to learn from this series as well. I hope to better apply classic fundamentals with a better understanding of how and when to adapt and blend in the modern slice components.

Comment

What is the guidance on the finish on the follow through? Will the articles be walking us thru this? Blokes like me and John tend to finish with the tip of the racket pointing skyward. Roger finishes predominantly with the racket tip pointing downward toward the ground. Why is that? Is it a bi-product of the steep downward swing path? Some players use a combination of both finishes. I would like to know why that is and what we should be teaching as coaches.

I'll be staying tuned for the answers....
          Stotty

Comment

These are the issues! You almost have written the conclusions!

Comment

I’m most curious about the initial point of the racquets forward motion, which is the same as the final point in the backswing.
              if the initial point and contact point are understood well everything may automatically fall into place.

Comment

Yeah good questions! But also how to do those points relate to the finish. Stay Tuned!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8025 users online. 4 members and 8021 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X