october issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• october issue

I guess this month is my turn to ask... Any idea about when it'll be posted?

Soon ladies and gentlemen, soon. I'll give some more details later.

Comment

october issue

perhaps you should start numbering them instead of calling them a monthly issue. they're getting later each month. i think if you're going to be this late every month, you should advise us in the forum of when it might be out.

Comment

It's still October right? And they are numbered.

Comment

i totally agree with people here. Seems like the monthly magazine is getting latter and latter every month and looks like the article is shorter to spread out more. I love this site at first but seems like I will cancel my membership after this year. It is getting a little boring over time. Forums is not updated very often with new topic and everything seems to be slower. Admin must take an eye on this issu

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
            It's still October right? And they are numbered.
            a little touchy, don't you think. as a loyal subscriber who upped for another year, i thought you might be a little more concerned about keeping everybody updated. appreciate the fact that some of us actually look forward to the new issue and can't wait to see the new areas you're exploring.

Comment

Great Site, but No Excuse for all the Excuses

John is a true genius at analyzing the game of tennis. He can explain how to hit a pro stroke in 3-4 sentences. Then he backs it up with incredible video. WOW! Now if I could just execute 10% of what I see....
              I am one of the very early subscribers. Prior to tennisplayer I bought the video series John had on groundstrokes etc.
              I have also referred 5-6 people that have subscribed and turned on many other tennis players to this site.
              I am hooked and as long as I am a breathing tennis player I will probably subscribe.
              The problem is the casual or first time subscriber will not renew.
              I don't think there is any excuse for not trying and delivering on the promises made when we all subscribed.

Comment

I really don't see what the big deal is with monthly issues not being out at the beginning of the month. Anyone who is new subscriber has a huge amount of articles/lessons already on this site they can look at and study. For those of us who are longer term subscribers, I think we can appreciate how difficult it is to keep churning out new high quality articles each month. Sometimes, they are just going to be late.

Comment

october issue

how long do you think that time, newsweek, sports illustrated etc would last if their issues were 2 to 3 weeks late? let's get real here!!!!

Comment

I appreciate all the concern. Obviously, the publication dates have shifted, and over the next few months we will be trying to shift back in the other direction.

You guys are just going to have to decide whether it's worth it to you to roll with us.

The fact is that Tennisplayer is basically hand made by a very small group. It's not Sports Illustrated that's for sure.

I've already personally already put in over 200 hours on this coming issue, and it's not done yet. It's going to be up to our standards, I think you will find, but making bitchy comments isn't going to speed things up! And if you're bored, definitely I would not renew. In fact I'll be happy to cancel your subscription and refund the rest of your year.

We have made some choices about spending our time and resources over the last couple of months that are going to be very important for the future of the site. Some of these I've mentioned and some I haven't. I hope to have some announcements in the next few months. These decisions have impacted the timetables.

Personally I'm am taking the path of passion and quality and vision for the long term over precise monthly deadlines. Maybe someday we can have it both ways all the the time, but that's just the way it is right now in the Tennisplayer universe--and probably always will be unless I have brain surgery.

I'm quite passionate about this work and plan to be around for a long time doing it. Now, if you'll excuse me, time to get back to finishing Nick Saviano's article.
                    Last edited by johnyandell; 10-18-2007, 10:23 AM.

Comment

To John Yandell

The bad news is that there are a lot of people angry because the delay of the october issue.

The good news is that you have done your job so good that a lot of people is anxiously waiting every month the new issue.

There are some comments that are a little bit rude (don't know if this is the right word since english is not my native language, but you know what I mean), but I'm sure that the majority of your subscribers can wait a few days for a high quality issue (as usual).

Comment

I think that's probably correct, or I hope so. I appreciate the thought. Wish the delays were actually due to my latest vacation in Paris. Something to hope for.

Comment

John,

I thank for the update, at least it puts us where we stand. I know I wait with baited breath for the new issues to come out, and I guess I get a bit disappointed when I can't see it up here.

Maybe if we are told of what date its going to come out on, that might suffice peoples needs for the time being. Im not sure, but also I think that closer to the start of the month is better than the end.

Im only saying this as a reasonably long time subscriber, and hope you don't take this the wrong way.

Anthony

Comment

Hey I agree with everything you said. The crunch this last two months has been horific. We are going to put up everything tonight with the exception of my article on using the visual resources of the site, which I am pretty excited about.

Glad about the baited breath thing-it's a great compliment--that's how I feel about the material myself--and I understand that's where most people are coming from.

Just understand this isn't a corporation. It's a labor of love and an art form more than a business. I feel highly confident that nobody out there is working any harder than I am--I don't sleep much and my wife and I are down to one date a week.

I also feel this is the beginning of something that will grow but that takes time. We are doing things that aren't being done elsewhere in tennis or much elsewhere on the web for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by jlkm2219 View Post

There are some comments that are a little bit rude...

I seriously doubt rude is the right word to address any of this thread's postings. It seems to me everyone has been both respecful and reasonable expresing their opinions and concerns.

On another note, I'd like to wish good luck to everyone as I won't be renewing my subscription.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2543 users online. 11 members and 2532 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X