Coaching and Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching and Technology

I have been an avid fan of this site for quite some time, especially due to the fact that I learn visually. Many of the students I work with learn visually as well, so therefore I had to come up with a way to show them on court what I am wanting them to mimic, or if nothing else, understand where I am coming from.. Taking the notebook computer down on court is one possibility, but I always fear for its safety, and it requires preparation and forethought to remember it.

Here comes the iPhone... Not only can I have some music to listen to while I work out. I have a plethora of slow-mo video that I looped for about a minute each of Agassi, Federer, and a host of other great examples for my students to see. The Osmosis Series is also great to have on the iPhone as well, the student is able to hear John give a fantastic break down of all the key elements.

My only wish were for the video's on the site to be iPhone/iPod compatible. Right now I have to convert them for use prior to placing them on the phone... which isn't a big deal. It would be nice though, to just surf to the site and view them from the web on the phone itself.

I am sure there are many of you that are doing this already on court. I was wondering what other stuff might be useful as well.

-Carter

I use my laptop and video camera on the court and find, for me, I couldn't really teach without them.

I think re: iphone if I understand it, it's an issue of software on the iphone.

Comment

iPhone and quicktime

Quicktime files have to be exported to work with the iPhone. They have to be a certain bitrate and audio rate for them to play. I know that the new Quicktime can export to iPhone/iPod, as well as iMovie (but that is Mac only, where Quicktime is PC/Mac.)

Carter

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2308 users online. 8 members and 2300 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X