2021 Australian Open...ATP 2000...Melbourne, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stroke View Post

This is a great tournament. Since about 2005, it has unbelievably been about the 3 pretty much. Obviously, 2 of them are still right in the mix here, but it certainly feels like to me things are finally changing after 15 years or so. That being said to me, we cannot stick a fork in it until a couple of FO's pass that Rafael does not win.
    Exactly. First the first time in years you feel like someone else has a good chance to winning a slam.
    Stotty

Comment

Tennis Australia certainly did no favor for Thiem scheduling his match vs Douche' in the small John Cain court instead of one of the 2 larger stadium courts. Certainly trying to maximize the crowd support impact on the outcome.

Comment

Nick routines Thiem 1st set 6-4 with one break and lights out serving. The Davis Cup like crowd support in this small court atmosphere definitely a factor it would not have been nearly as much on one of the larger stadium courts.

Comment

Not an easy game for Thiem, for sure. Nick has the crowd behind and is getting to showboat his rather exemplary skills at times. I am going to back Thiem to pull through and win this but he will need to do more against Nick's serve and get better momentum in the rallies. Nick enjoys being the underdog against a top player and loves to humiliate illustrious opponents...the more illustrious the better.

3-3 second set. Nick serving like a demon. Getting critical for Thiem now.
          Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
            Not an easy game for Thiem, for sure. Nick has the crowd behind and is getting to showboat his rather exemplary skills at times. I am going to back Thiem to pull through and win this but he will need to do more against Nick's serve and get better momentum in the rallies. Nick enjoys being the underdog against a top player and loves to humiliate illustrious opponents...the more illustrious the better.

3-3 second set. Nick serving like a demon. Getting critical for Thiem now.
            That is pretty much it in a nutshell. It is critical time now. Thiem obviously cannot afford to go down 2 sets to Nick in this atmosphere. The odds have in match changed dramatically. Thiem has gone from strong favorite to pick 'em. That appears to be way optimistic for Thiem to me.

Comment

Thiem 2 sets down and need to find a way to get Nick's serve back. Nick must be getting under Thiem's skin by now. He certainly gets under mine. I haven't disliked a player so much since Jimmy Connors stuck two fingers up at the Queen.

Thiem looks disconsolate and in danger of letting this match go...seems stuck for ideas.
              Stotty

Comment

Certainly agree. Nick is the most obnoxious douchebag that I have ever seen. Connors like he was vs Krickstein is close.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                  Certainly agree. Nick is the most obnoxious douchebag that I have ever seen. Connors like he was vs Krickstein is close.
                  ditto
                  Stotty

Comment

We might have a game on our hands here. Thiem up in the 3rd with a break.
                    Stotty

Comment

I am pulling for Thiem at my highest level of pulling for someone.

Comment

I have not seen it obviously watching this match, but FAA is up 2 sets to love vs Denis. And we still have Novak to come.

Comment

Thiem levels things at 2 sets all. Fully deserved. Who's your money on now?
                          Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
                            Thiem levels things at 2 sets all. Fully deserved. Who's your money on now?
                            Pick 'em to me

Comment

One of the most impressive wins I have ever seen. If Douche' wants to know what cool looks like, he was looking at it for about 3.5 hours. The odds on Douche' seeing or getting that, well let's just say that bet if off the books.
                              Last edited by stroke; 02-12-2021, 03:49 AM.

Comment

The stands have been cleared as Melbourne now on lockdown. Fritz serving at 5-4 to even match at 2 sets all vs Novak.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3509 users online. 2 members and 3507 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X