No announcement yet.

2021 Australian Open...ATP 2000...Melbourne, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddsmakers now have Nadal at a 53% chance of winning. What a change. I would love to know Stef's BHP numbers sets 3 and 4 vs 1 and 2. His backhand is the key vs Nadal obviously.

Comment

• It's confidence too. Tsitsipas' is up while Rafa's has plummeted. I still wouldn't put it past Rafa to dig his way out of this somehow.
      Stotty

Comment

• And Rafa has certainly slowed up.
        Stotty

Comment

• He has, but it is hard to see him not getting through this somehow it seems.

Comment

• Stef now favorite at 60% chance of winning.

Comment

• Sometimes a glimmer is all you need. Tsitsipas wins in 5
              Stotty

Comment

• So fitting he finished the match with a backhand winner. This could be somewhat of a career epiphany for Stef. What could ever be tougher than coming back from 2 sets down vs Nadal.

Comment

• Shame no fans. What an atmosphere that would have been.

Comment

• Once he starting holding serve so emphatically everything became possible. He could then start tucking into Rafa's serve aggressively and take risks. Taking care of one'e serve is the most basic thing one can do in top flight tennis.
                    Stotty

Comment

• It looks like Novak will continue to have a strangle hold on the number 1 ranking for quite some time yet and will comfortable surpass Roger's record. Might be just a matter of time however before Medvedev sneaks up on him if he can win the title.

You have to hand it to Novak. He's worn the number 1 ranking and protected it better than anyone in history...incredibly consistent year in and year out. Not such an easy thing to walk around for years with a gigantic bullseye on your back. No wonder he has funny mental episodes in matches. It can't be that easy dealing with all that.
                      Stotty

Comment

• Originally posted by stotty View Post
                        It looks like Novak will continue to have a strangle hold on the number 1 ranking for quite some time yet and will comfortable surpass Roger's record. Might be just a matter of time however before Medvedev sneaks up on him if he can win the title.

You have to hand it to Novak. He's worn the number 1 ranking and protected it better than anyone in history...incredibly consistent year in and year out. Not such an easy thing to walk around for years with a gigantic bullseye on your back. No wonder he has funny mental episodes in matches. It can't be that easy dealing with all that.
                        It looks more likely than not both Nadal and Novak will surpass Roger GS's wins. Throw in the Master 1000's (not given due credit in my book), where Rafa and Novak already way surpass Roger, and Roger may be only left with the perfect technique with his argument as GOAT. Not to mention the head to head component of the equation.

Comment

• Originally posted by stroke View Post

It looks more likely than not both Nadal and Novak will surpass Roger GS's wins. Throw in the Master 1000's (not given due credit in my book), where Rafa and Novak already way surpass Roger, and Roger may be only left with the perfect technique with his argument as GOAT. Not to mention the head to head component of the equation.
                          I find it hard to rate any of them above the other. All three have incredible attributes. It's a fairy tale way of thinking but the best thing that could happen is if they each end up with 20 slams each. Each has won enough masters to validate themselves as roughly the same level. Maybe Novak edges it as he's won every masters title. But whatever way you look at it we would be splitting hairs to rate one above the other.
                          Last edited by stotty; 02-17-2021, 11:13 AM.
                          Stotty

Comment

• Originally posted by stotty View Post

I find it hard to rate any of them above the other. All three have incredible attributes. It's a fairy tale way of thinking but the best thing that could happen is if they each end up with 20 slams each. Each has won enough masters to validate themselves as roughly the same level. Maybe Novak edges it as he's won every masters title. But whatever way you look at it we would be splitting hairs to rate one above the other.
                            Well said.

Comment

• Watching Brady vs. Muchova with Brady serving for the match at 5-4 in the third. I am laughing to myself a bit as I watch Brady really struggling to control her nerves trying to get the horse in the barn. Anyone who has played competitive tennis at a high level know what a strange feeling this is. Somehow you have gotten yourself in position to win the match and nothing feels like it should. Brady cannot buy a first serve and Muchova could not buy a return on two second serves at break point. Pretty pathetic tennis overall. The women are getting paid equal money. I think, for instance, that Nadal and Tsitsipas may have earned their keep for their play. But comparatively speaking...this is a different universe. Equal means equal. It is a mathematical term. The definition is not lacking in clarity. But somehow we have engineered the differences between the sexes to being "equal". Not in my universe.

Brady manages to get the silly thing over the finish line. Hard to watch. The announcers are trying to gloss over it. The spectacle. Somehow it has become a great match instead a war of nerves.
                              don_budge
                              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Originally posted by don_budge View Post
                                Watching Brady vs. Muchova with Brady serving for the match at 5-4 in the third. I am laughing to myself a bit as I watch Brady really struggling to control her nerves trying to get the horse in the barn. Anyone who has played competitive tennis at a high level know what a strange feeling this is. Somehow you have gotten yourself in position to win the match and nothing feels like it should. Brady cannot buy a first serve and Muchova could not buy a return on two second serves at break point. Pretty pathetic tennis overall. The women are getting paid equal money. I think, for instance, that Nadal and Tsitsipas may have earned their keep for their play. But comparatively speaking...this is a different universe. Equal means equal. It is a mathematical term. The definition is not lacking in clarity. But somehow we have engineered the differences between the sexes to being "equal". Not in my universe.

Brady manages to get the silly thing over the finish line. Hard to watch. The announcers are trying to gloss over it. The spectacle. Somehow it has become a great match instead a war of nerves.
                                Well said.
                                don_budge
                                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8101 users online. 7 members and 8094 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X