Your Strokes: Sam Forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Strokes: Sam Forehand

Would love to get your thoughts on my newest "Your Strokes" article, "Your Strokes: Sam Forehand"

Great stuff John. I think in addition to his off arm/hand being behind him on the finish, his off hand is too far from his body at contact. I noticed that in the last clip his rotation of the hitting arm during/just after contact was better then the top video. I don’t know if that had anything to do with the other changes or if it was just that particular shot but it caught my eye.

Comment

Great work as always, and it would be great to get more of Your Strokes. They act as good workshops for coaches, and players.

The turn and left arm stretch is one of the easier flaws to spot but the left arm flying out the back could easily get missed. I find the left arm flying prematurely out of the back on serve crops up here and there with students also.

Great work, John...done this kind of work before by any chance?..
      Stotty

Comment

Maybe

Comment

John, should Sam consider that both of Novak’s feet are leaving the ground when he models Novak’s followthrough? It seems that leaving the ground might allow acceptable variations in followthrough that are different when feet( especially both) have ground contact. Or, is follow through modeling irrelevant and a distraction to focus on in this case?

Comment

I think the factor is ball height. We were giving him medium waist high balls. I think the so-called jump is more of a natural consequence of loading and ball height.

Comment

Jeremy,
              Good eye. That could be the next increment...

Comment

[QUOTE=johnyandell;n92308]I think the factor is ball height. We were giving him medium waist high balls. I think the so-called jump is more of a natural consequence of loading and ball height.[/QUOTE

Makes sense. Having grown up in the hard court, wooden, 90 sq. Inch, “medium bounce” world, I still have problems understanding and maneuvering in the “shoulders and above bounce” world.

Comment

Great work as always.
                  geometry dash

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8492 users online. 4 members and 8488 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X