Delray Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delray Beach

The story of this tournament is Christian Harrison, who is really playing well kind of out of nowhere. All I really knew about him is he was the younger brother of Ryan, but he is really playing well into the semi finals. He has had a lot of inquiries and surgeries, kind of like a Tommy Haas, but he looks like he has been in the gym. Looks very fit.

Sebastian Korda seems a decent player with well produced and efficient groundstrokes. His sliced backhand seemed pretty good too. I only saw bits and bobs of him this week but he looked a decent proposition. Mind you, his father wasn't too shabby either....
    Stotty

Comment

He looks like he has been in the gym.
      run 3

Comment

Originally posted by samsherwin View Post
        He looks like he has been in the gym.
        run 3
        Well his father needed to get in the gym too but he took another route...think he probably regrets that now. Sebastian seems a physically better specimen than his dad for sure. I did like Petr though. He had a shoot-from-the-hip type of game. Virtually all his matches with Sampras went the distance with some going right down to the finest wire imaginable.
        Stotty

Comment

This tournament was held in my backyard. It was an incredible event that was hosted 6 weeks earlier than expected. An incredible chance to see top players up close. Korda will be top 20. Wonderful kid. Both parents played on tour. He has that special something. Hurkacz has a strong game and does venture to the net. Still improving his court speed. Christian Harrison did have a nice run but the biggest story/non story was that Andy Murray was going to play...until he wasn't and decided to hand back the wild card due to training timeline in Australia (which now he won't even make that due to COVID-19)

Kyle LaCroix USPTA, PTR
          SETS Consulting
          Delray Beach

Comment

Sorry I missed it this year. Not to mention our dining experiences. Would have liked to film Korda! Maybe 2022...

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
              Sorry I missed it this year. Not to mention our dining experiences. Would have liked to film Korda! Maybe 2022...
              Absolutely! Looking forward to it as always!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA, PTR
              Delray Beach
              SETS Consulting

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8593 users online. 11 members and 8582 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X