Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tsitsipas Serve: Critically Flawed or Critical Difference that Works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    I wonder if he changes the tosses intentionally and what the variation in width is compared to other top players?
    You'll find some answers in another thread I just created in your forum. Service toss clusters for the Big 3, and a unique to me at least ray-trace that shows for Djokovic serve directions for each hit point in a cluster. Lots to digest!

Comment

Cross posting from ATP Tour Finals/ Turin 2023

New analysis by Craig O'Shannessy posted on the ATP site surprised me.
      I know Stef Tsitsipas has a good serve, but per Craig he is the best of all 8 finalists in Turin at holding serve.
      Cross posting this to older item on Tsitis' serve.

Craig: "Stefanos Tsitsipas is a holding serve machine.​ Tsitsipas has averaged being broken once out of every 8.4 of his service games in 2023, making him the leader of the pack chasing end-of-season glory in Turin. The other two players who elevated over the seven-game threshold were Novak Djokovic (7.9) and Jannik Sinner (7.6).

2023 Season: Average Service Games Per Break
      1. Tsitsipas - 8.4
      2. Djokovic - 7.9
      3. Sinner - 7.6
      4. Alcaraz - 6.6
      5. Medvedev - 6.4
      6. Rublev - 6.2
      7. Zverev - 6.1
      8. Rune - 5.7

If you postulate an average set score being 6-3, Tsitsipas will typically be broken just once in a straight-sets match. Holger Rune, on the other hand, is nudging closer to twice a match—especially if the score is tighter, such as 6-4, 6-4.

Not surprisingly, Tsitsipas leads the ATP Tour in percentage of service games won in 2023, at 88.72 per cent (826/931). Djokovic is in second place at 88.53 per cent (625/706), while Sinner sits in sixth place overall at 87.06 per cent (747/858).

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
        Cross posting from ATP Tour Finals/ Turin 2023

New analysis by Craig O'Shannessy posted on the ATP site surprised me.
        I know Stef Tsitsipas has a good serve, but per Craig he is the best of all 8 finalists in Turin at holding serve.
        Cross posting this to older item on Tsitis' serve.

Craig: "Stefanos Tsitsipas is a holding serve machine.​ Tsitsipas has averaged being broken once out of every 8.4 of his service games in 2023, making him the leader of the pack chasing end-of-season glory in Turin. The other two players who elevated over the seven-game threshold were Novak Djokovic (7.9) and Jannik Sinner (7.6).

2023 Season: Average Service Games Per Break
        1. Tsitsipas - 8.4
        2. Djokovic - 7.9
        3. Sinner - 7.6
        4. Alcaraz - 6.6
        5. Medvedev - 6.4
        6. Rublev - 6.2
        7. Zverev - 6.1
        8. Rune - 5.7

If you postulate an average set score being 6-3, Tsitsipas will typically be broken just once in a straight-sets match. Holger Rune, on the other hand, is nudging closer to twice a match—especially if the score is tighter, such as 6-4, 6-4.

Not surprisingly, Tsitsipas leads the ATP Tour in percentage of service games won in 2023, at 88.72 per cent (826/931). Djokovic is in second place at 88.53 per cent (625/706), while Sinner sits in sixth place overall at 87.06 per cent (747/858).
        I would have not guessed that. His technique to me is not easy on the eye, and his second serve used to be dicey under pressure to me, but he certainly seems to have gotten past that, if it ever was an issue. I have always thought his grip was too close to eastern, but the numbers tell the story. He is clearly good to go.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8110 users online. 7 members and 8103 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X