Dubai, ATP 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubai, ATP 500

One observation to me, Gasquet has the best one hander ever, the monalisa of one handers. He absolutely dominated his 1st round win with his one handed backhand.(I don't think I have ever felt/observed that before). I love Stan's, as I have said before, but Gasquet's to me is the one.
    Last edited by stroke; 03-15-2021, 09:02 AM.

I'll take Stan's. It's a brute. Overall I would take Roger's above both. He doesn't need his legs under him in quite the same way as Stan nor the need to be way back behind the baseline to ensure it. Roger's has great versatility and he can hit on the fly. Against Evans last week he was virtually half-volleying on the fly in emergency situations which got him out of trouble a lot. I prefer the simpler backswing to the wrap-around-the-body backswing of Stan.

No question that Stan's is more powerful and lethal once he get's it rolling. I think it's probably the finest in the game in many ways. I just like the versatility of Roger's.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
      I'll take Stan's. It's a brute. Overall I would take Roger's above both. He doesn't need his legs under him in quite the same way as Stan nor the need to be way back behind the baseline to ensure it. Roger's has great versatility and he can hit on the fly. Against Evans last week he was virtually half-volleying on the fly in emergency situations which got him out of trouble a lot. I prefer the simpler backswing to the wrap-around-the-body backswing of Stan.

No question that Stan's is more powerful and lethal once he get's it rolling. I think it's probably the finest in the game in many ways. I just like the versatility of Roger's.
      I understand your take. I just have never seen a player dominate a match 1 handed bh wise as I saw with Gasquet today. That being said, I am prejudice. I kind of already felt he had the premier one.
      Last edited by stroke; 03-15-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4783 users online. 10 members and 4773 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X